686 replies to this topic

#551 Lbrennan0

Lbrennan0
  • 38 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 19, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:25 AM

@smileitseb @phdtck1 I had claudia as my wedding planner but the switched me to maria and I feel like I am repeating everthing that I have already told claudia! 

@smileitseb Did you buys the TSA locks?

68 Guests! 

My Planning Thread

#552 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:43 AM

@Lbrennan0 no but THANK YOU for reminding me. gonna get them at lunch. i really should have taken off the whole week!!! do that brides :)

i feel like im going stir crazy plus im sick all of a sudden. sore throat, running nose, watery eyes. 

this board has been so helpful !!! 

58 guests plus bride and groom
Ceremony: Gazebo
Reception: Pool Deck

#553 Sheaka

Sheaka
  • 68 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun Gazebo
  • LocationTampa, Fla.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:03 AM

@smileitseb that is a good idea. I was planning to only take off the day before we leave. not looking good at this time

#554 Lbrennan0

Lbrennan0
  • 38 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 19, 2015
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:36 AM

@smileitseb Glad I could help! LOL  Are you getting Hair & Makeup done by the spa. I have too many girls to bring an outside vendor and I feel like I am one of the only brides who is which make me nervous. 

68 Guests! 

My Planning Thread

#555 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:09 PM

@Lbrennan0 im getting my makeup done at the spa but im super nervous. i bought all the makeup of the look i want and my friends will help "fix" if they bomb it

my hairstylist is coming with me

58 guests plus bride and groom
Ceremony: Gazebo
Reception: Pool Deck

#556 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:30 PM

@smileitseb @phdtck1 I had claudia as my wedding planner but the switched me to maria and I feel like I am repeating everthing that I have already told claudia! 

@smileitseb Did you buys the TSA locks?

I had Maira. She is nice, but do be sure to print out every correspondence and bring it to the meeting.

We used TSA approved locks for peace of mind.

@Lbrennan0 no but THANK YOU for reminding me. gonna get them at lunch. i really should have taken off the whole week!!! do that brides :)

i feel like im going stir crazy plus im sick all of a sudden. sore throat, running nose, watery eyes. 

this board has been so helpful !!! 

I was starting to feel under the weather a few days before we left... I drank a lot of all-natural fruit juice with vitamin A, C, & E. I also started taking Zicam. And sleep. Get plenty of sleep. All of this did the trick. Oh, and girl. Don't forget to drink a lot of water! Flying dehydrates you... you want to be well-hydrated for great skin and to feel fantastic on your wedding day! :)

@pddcmc oh I see, inconsistent sounds about right based on some other experiences I've read about..I need to be sure to document everything I discuss with the resort too @smileitseb. Don't fret, it will work out. Your wedding will be amazing and good thing you found out about the candles today now you will go prepared to discuss options when you arrive. Are you still planning to travel with your lighting set up? In my opinion you should negotiate and waive the fee for the electric candle decor. Te your TA to handle it so you can focus on the other details with packing

@pddcmc when referencing stems, I was wondering how the place cards stood up in the glass I just tried to take a closer look and it seems to be a toothpick? So would I need to create my own place cards and connect to a toothpick? Will the resort tell me what the dimensions of the place cards should be to fit in the tequila shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, if you are doing this idea, you need the place cards to be made out and have something on the end. Like you saw, I used toothpicks. Unfortunately, I was under the impression that Maira would attach something to the cards as long as I brought them. Well, I was mistaken. So, my girls and I got toothpicks from a restaurant and used the super glue that I brought just in case (thank goodness!) and attached the toothpicks to the cards in about 5 minutes.

We designed our place cards and table numbers and had them printed at FedEx (which now owns Kinkos... I didn't know that before lol). I used the standard dimensions 3.5" x 2"

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#557 Sheaka

Sheaka
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTampa, Fla.

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

Did anyone do first look photos before the wedding ceremony?

#558 Sheaka

Sheaka
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTampa, Fla.

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

@smileitseb good luck with everything. I know that your wedding will be very beautiful and everything you planned it to be. Remember to enjoy the moments. I can't wait for pictures and your review.

#559 phdtck1

phdtck1
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

@smileitseb remember enjoy your wedding and live in the moment! I'm sure everything will be beautiful! Don't forget about us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#560 bitbitz

bitbitz
  • 6 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 6, 2015

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

Hello past brides! Does anyone have pictures of Seaside Grill for reception? I need some inspiration!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users