• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 liz24

liz24
  • 209 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:45 AM

How to you make programs for your ceremony when you don't know the order your officiant will go in. If I don't meet with the officiant until the day of the wedding?

#2 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

You should be able to get the order of the ceremony from your WC. And believe me, they're short unless you're doing a full catholic church wedding! 15 to 20 minutes tops. They pretty much follow the standard outline, and you could get that online by googling wedding ceremonies.

There's a forum on here about writing your own vows with a wack load of suggestions, and I know that a few of them incorporate the ceremony outline. Take a look and see, but definitely check with your WC. Tell her it's because you want to do programs and you just want to know the order that the officiant will be using. It won't vary much if at all from the standard.

There really is nothing to it! You'll wonder what you were worried about afterwards! It will be over before you know it. I stood there and waited for more... lol It was like.. is that it? Then he said kiss each other so I knew it was over. Plus depending on how much you personalize it. We added a prayer and the wedding poem at the end so it added like one more minute.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

That sounds like such a great plan, acw271011 - short n sweet! all the best with your plans, liz24 - hope it works out just the way you wish....cheers :)

1900102_10152285891619487_1191984209_n.j

team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 britter08

britter08
    • 50 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 12, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
    • LocationCanada

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

We are doing a symbolic ceremony with my BIL being the officiant so we decided our own order of ceremony by doing online research of sample weddings. If you are having a legal ceremony there I would ask your coordinator for their standard order of ceremony.

#5 pddcmc

pddcmc
    • 610 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
    • LocationColorado

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

You should be able to get the order of the ceremony from your WC. And believe me, they're short unless you're doing a full catholic church wedding! 15 to 20 minutes tops. They pretty much follow the standard outline, and you could get that online by googling wedding ceremonies.

There's a forum on here about writing your own vows with a wack load of suggestions, and I know that a few of them incorporate the ceremony outline. Take a look and see, but definitely check with your WC. Tell her it's because you want to do programs and you just want to know the order that the officiant will be using. It won't vary much if at all from the standard.

There really is nothing to it! You'll wonder what you were worried about afterwards! It will be over before you know it. I stood there and waited for more... lol It was like.. is that it? Then he said kiss each other so I knew it was over. Plus depending on how much you personalize it. We added a prayer and the wedding poem at the end so it added like one more minute.

Where may I find the forum for vows and ceremony suggetsions? Thanks!

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#6 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

If you go to the top and click on Forums, in the search bar type Wedding Vows. You'll get a whole list of different ones but the one that I found that has a lot of info is the one called Wedding Vows.

Sorry - I still don't know how to insert a link to another site or another BDW forum.

Happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#7 tygrrlily

tygrrlily
    • 831 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 19, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico
    • LocationToronto

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

@acw271011 - Thanks for the tip!

Married December 19, 2014 at Beach Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico

My Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...-resort-121914/

My Wedding Review

Part 1 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881197

Part 2 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881590

Part 3 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881861

#8 Meandhim

Meandhim
    • 706 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
    • LocationToronto

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Glad you posted this I wanted to know the same thing.. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#9 1BeachBride

1BeachBride
    • 288 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Bavaro Resorts & Spa- Punta Cana, DR
    • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

Correct! It's pretty standard. It's only about 15 minutes for the ceremony so we elected to go green & not to do programs...Figured we'd save the trees.

Good luck

#10 FutureMrsGlover

FutureMrsGlover
    • 284 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 10, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

@1BeachBride.....that is a great idea to not do programs...most people don't keep them anyway. 

Edited by FutureMrsGlover, 30 April 2014 - 02:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users