• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMrsSam

FutureMrsSam
  • 176 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 12, 2016

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

Hi all

I'm trying to wrap my head around the site inspection. I'm looking to get married at MP in August 2016, my date isn't confirmed yet and haven't signed my contract yet. Since I'm going to a wedding in Playa in January 2015 I thought I'd book my site inspection at MP. I've emailed MP directly but find the responses I'm getting aren't very clear so I thought it might be better to ask my questions here :)

Should I sign the wedding contract before I book my site inspection or does it not matter? The rate I've been given is $246US per night but they didn't ask me when I plan on going or how many people will be in the room (we have a daughter who will be 2 by the time we travel). I'm assuming you have to book thought the hotel directly otherwise they can't/won't apply it to your wedding, right?

Any advice you have is appreciated!!

#2 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
  • 441 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

I did the site inspection at Le Blanc (a palace resort) after I booked my wedding but since I knew I was definitely having the wedding there I knew that we would get the money back/credited to our wedding account.  So I'm not sure if you are a hundred percent certain it will be at Moon Palace or if you have other places in mind you could take advantage of the discounted rate and visit other sites to compare. If Moon Palace is your number one resort then at least you know you'll get credited back the money if you decide to book it after, so essentially you are only paying for your flights.

On my 3 day site visit I got meet with our on site wedding coordinator and do a thorough walk through of the entire hotel and see all of our options location wise.  We also did a food and cake tasting and met with the chef which was great.  I found the site visit helpful and worth it for my peace of mind to know that my wedding was in good hands.  If you can swing it and its in the budget I recommend it.  

As for you daughter, see if kids are free if they are then you are only paying $738.00 for the weekend (plus flight).  I think for us at Le Blanc we paid around $319 a night and now have $957 in our wedding account that we are using for extra entertainment at the wedding.  Also another tip if you go for the site visit it has to be 3 nights at the discounted rate and for us there weren't any resort credits that we could use so keep that in mind. Let me know if you have any other questions.  :) 

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#3 FutureMrsSam

FutureMrsSam
  • 176 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 12, 2016

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

I did the site inspection at Le Blanc (a palace resort) after I booked my wedding but since I knew I was definitely having the wedding there I knew that we would get the money back/credited to our wedding account.  So I'm not sure if you are a hundred percent certain it will be at Moon Palace or if you have other places in mind you could take advantage of the discounted rate and visit other sites to compare. If Moon Palace is your number one resort then at least you know you'll get credited back the money if you decide to book it after, so essentially you are only paying for your flights.

On my 3 day site visit I got meet with our on site wedding coordinator and do a thorough walk through of the entire hotel and see all of our options location wise.  We also did a food and cake tasting and met with the chef which was great.  I found the site visit helpful and worth it for my peace of mind to know that my wedding was in good hands.  If you can swing it and its in the budget I recommend it.  

As for you daughter, see if kids are free if they are then you are only paying $738.00 for the weekend (plus flight).  I think for us at Le Blanc we paid around $319 a night and now have $957 in our wedding account that we are using for extra entertainment at the wedding.  Also another tip if you go for the site visit it has to be 3 nights at the discounted rate and for us there weren't any resort credits that we could use so keep that in mind. Let me know if you have any other questions.  :) 

Thanks soo much! I'll ask about kids staying free :)

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hi,

Palace does offer a site inspection promotion.  You can email me for more info at tammy@wrighttravelagency.com or fill out the inquiry link in my signature.

Also, they do run a kids free promo during the summer.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 jackielemman

jackielemman
  • 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace, Cancun
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

That is the same rate that I was quoted this week. I would confirm your wedding date prior to booking the site inspection. That way you will for sure be able to apply the cost of the trip to your wedding balance.

#6 ctlind7

ctlind7
  • 134 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace - Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationSpringfield, IL

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

Take lots of pics for us :) 

#7 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

the Moon Palace is such a picturesque wedding venue - your photos are going to be Amazing!!! as you can see in these magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc caught there......with more at the Moon Palace Wedding Album link here.

1375938_10151930922729487_1247231428_n.j

1394475_10151930923774487_610649347_n.jp

988758_10151930924629487_63256858_n.jpg

cheers! team MTM :)

Edited by Moments That Matter, 08 April 2014 - 12:30 PM.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#8 KathyandEthan

KathyandEthan
    • 170 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
    • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

congratulations everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic