Photo

Diy Oot Bags ... First Aid Kits Where Do You Get Them?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 deedeelala

deedeelala
  • 59 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 27, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

Hello!! I would love to include a first aid kit in my oot bags but I would like to know where to get them? So for all of you brides who have purchased them can you recommend a good place or website? I live in Canada so hopefully they can ship here.

Another question, did you ship your oot bags to your destination and did you have troubles getting them into the country because of medications etc? Sorry if this is a silly question but just want to be prepared.

Thanks so much!

#2 kellymiller

kellymiller
  • 238 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

I was wondering the same things about shipping! We are thinking of bringing them with us in a tote or something but wondered about the contents of the bags such as liquids, medication etc

#3 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

I have yet to read anything from anyone that shipped their OOT bag goodies down ahead of time, and from things I've read, the resorts tend to dissuade it. everything could end up getting lost before you even get there! you're almost ahead of the game by buying extra suitcases and paying the extra charges for baggage because shipping to Mexico is definitely NOT cheap!! as long as you pack the small sanitizers, Tylenol, etc that generally goes into the OOT bags and don't take it all on board, you're good. they've relaxed a lot of the restrictions that were out there for liquids and stuff. but be careful because I heard something about duties going into Mexico. You need to have your receipts showing how much you paid and I seem to remember reading something about they had just raised the limit, and I think you're allowed $400. maybe somebody that knows a bit more about it can chime in and help out with that part of things.

good luck to both of you and happy planning!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 shugapop1

shugapop1
  • 868 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

I found my first aid kits at walmart. .97 . They are on that travel aisle where all is 1.00

#5 Traci Felton

Traci Felton
    • 150 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

nice

#6 deedeelala

deedeelala
      • 59 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 27, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

What I ended up doing is asking some family members in Mexico to make my OOT bags & I will just pay them. They will just bring them along when they come to the wedding & I don't worry about importation restrictions. Hopefully they are a bit cheaper too :lol: :D

#7 iberostarbride

iberostarbride
      • 153 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

Thanks next trip to Walmart! Anyone have a template

#8 shugapop1

shugapop1
        • 868 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

I don't have a template, but you can create on on  ms publisher.

#9 kmk2016

kmk2016
          • Moderators
          • 1,468 posts
          • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
          • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

I have seen small first aid kits that are perfect at Dollarama here in Calgary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 keezy

keezy
          • 151 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 20, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
          • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

I am definitely worried about how everything will be carried

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users