@@rtscent Congrats to you and your new hubby!!!

I am curious as to how everything went and was wondering when you have time, if you could give a review/pointers.  Our wedding is not until November and the Bride's Dress rehearsal has been sold out so I am trying to get as much info as I can until we can have a site visit.  Hope all is well!!

@@CnBWedding I plan on writing a review this week. Overall everything did turn out gorgeous but I do want to caution everyone about Lomas travel and what I would do differently to ensure you're getting everything out of having a beautiful destination wedding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello Brides!! Congratulations to each and every single one of you!!! I recently got married on May 1st in Playa del Carmen, so I wanted to share with you the best Dj and Photography Brands that I got for my perfect Day!

If you don't have any idea or recommendation for these two, I am glad to share my experience now that I finally got the chance to meet and work with them.

For the photos I got in touch with Shenko Photography, www.shenkophoto.com, a married couple that are real real artists. Their pictures took my breath away, and they uploaded a blog on their webpage for a sneak peek of my wedding day photos!

They made us a photoshoot one day before the Wedding, so we could meet each other in person and get to know each other working with the camera, which really helped for the big day so we could feel more comfortable.

Here is the blog if you want to take a look! 

http://www.shenkophoto.com/blog/incredibly-emotional-wedding-at-azul-fives/

I 100% recommend these people! Also because I think that wedding pictures are the best and only memory you got from that day, everything happens so quickly that I didn't even remember some details until I see the pictures!

For the music, I took a friend's recommendation and I love it ! Dj. Rickalvin from Fuzion Musical 

Ricardo Trujillo Duran

Entertainment Manager
9981604069 · [email protected]

He was really great! He also works with his wife and they were really punctual and very well organized, also got great prices and packages!

The music was really good and he was really interested to know our choices and what we liked and what we didn't like, so he did the best work!

I really hope to help you guys and don't hesitate to ask me whatever you need!

Best Regards!

Hey Ladies!! My wedding is coming up in a couple weeks and I am trying to do a last minute meet the guests brochure and I want to put a cute little timeline of events for the day of the wedding and I can't find cute matching clipart. I am wondering if someone has a timeline template saved??? Are there any other weddings come up in the next couple weeks besides mine?

@@CnBWedding I plan on writing a review this week. Overall everything did turn out gorgeous but I do want to caution everyone about Lomas travel and what I would do differently to ensure you're getting everything out of having a beautiful destination wedding

Ohhh my gosh!! I am nervous... what did you want to caution us about??? 

Here are the issues that I had that you all should know about....

You will have to stay on top of the onsite coordinators basically they are unorganized and I had to practically harass my coordinator the day of my wedding. My cousin ended up taking on that job for me. My wedding was at 6pm and we didn't hear from her until 4pm.

If you purchased your photography through lomas please make sure you get the shots you want. My photography package was close to 5k and Sarani rushed through my pictures and I never even got a shot with my bridesmaids ....the good news is that my husband had a lot of friends there with professional cameras...

Do not have your wedding at 6pm like I did. Lomas assured me that my pictures would turn out beautiful however after the ceremony we lost all light and the sky deck was pointless and looked gray in my background. I would recommend a 4pm or 5pm wedding if you want nice pictures.

The onsite coordinator also balled up my 12ft royal length veil into a knot behind me before she sent me down the aisle. To this day I still do not know why she did this. I didn't realize she did this until I saw footage that my cousin took the next day. I spent my whole entire honeymoon trying to contact the coordinator for an explanation. This ruined all of my pictures from behind, and this may not sound like a big deal to some, however for me it really was. My veil was my most important detail and they practically ruined it. After finding out about this, filing a complaint etc, I never once heard back from the wedding coordinator. She never even contacted me to say she was sorry or for acknowledging my complaint. Make sure to have a close family member put on your veil.

@@rtscent

Thanks for those tips! I can't believe she did that to your veil!  I would be so upset.  I ordered a Cathedral length veil that is also meant to be the stand out detail so I can only imagine.

So far I have heard from a few other brides on here that the coordinator and staff need work.  I am trying to not have to rely on Lomas for much of anything, given the reviews (and their prices).  On the advice of a friend I appointed a point person in my family to make sure everything is going according to schedule and to bug the coordinator for me.

Our wedding will be at 4pm and we hired a friend for the photography, and now It definitely seems like we made the right choice.

@@CnBWedding it sounds like you're in great shape!!! I'm so glad you have someone in place to deal with the onsite team as well as your own photographer! Everything will be awesome.

Here are the issues that I had that you all should know about....

You will have to stay on top of the onsite coordinators basically they are unorganized and I had to practically harass my coordinator the day of my wedding. My cousin ended up taking on that job for me. My wedding was at 6pm and we didn't hear from her until 4pm.

If you purchased your photography through lomas please make sure you get the shots you want. My photography package was close to 5k and Sarani rushed through my pictures and I never even got a shot with my bridesmaids ....the good news is that my husband had a lot of friends there with professional cameras...

Do not have your wedding at 6pm like I did. Lomas assured me that my pictures would turn out beautiful however after the ceremony we lost all light and the sky deck was pointless and looked gray in my background. I would recommend a 4pm or 5pm wedding if you want nice pictures.

The onsite coordinator also balled up my 12ft royal length veil into a knot behind me before she sent me down the aisle. To this day I still do not know why she did this. I didn't realize she did this until I saw footage that my cousin took the next day. I spent my whole entire honeymoon trying to contact the coordinator for an explanation. This ruined all of my pictures from behind, and this may not sound like a big deal to some, however for me it really was. My veil was my most important detail and they practically ruined it. After finding out about this, filing a complaint etc, I never once heard back from the wedding coordinator. She never even contacted me to say she was sorry or for acknowledging my complaint. Make sure to have a close family member put on your veil.

Ohhhh Geez.. I am so sorry that happened to you. I would be so upset too. I am curious to who your on-site coordinator was? I am having my wedding at 4pm on the pier, so I am hoping to still have good lighting!! We ended up flying a friend down as our photographer. We debated for a long time, but in the end we thought it was our best option.  Was there anything that you wish you brought that you didn't? I am starting to pack and feel like I am going to forget something really important. Any other advice you want to give to a nervous fellow bride that is getting married in a little over a week is much appreciated!! Congratulations and  I hope your enjoying married life!!! =)

@@nsands1184 glad to hear about your flying down your photographer. Good choice. The pier will be perfect at 4pm, and you'll have plenty of light after your wedding for lots of pics. The only thing I forgot was my flutes and garder. I also forgot my favors which was a big one! My guests told me to forget the favors bc they didn't want to bring more stuff back, and I gave them all $250 resort credits upon check in.

My onsite coordinator was Maritza. Request someone else if they give her to you.

• 2 weeks later...