24 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:57 AM

Just wanted to let you guys know that I booked my cake through sweet dreams. It's $360 for a cake to feed 65 people. This was a similar price to the quote from Erika at Dreams and less than the french bakery that she recommended as an alternative. I think I found Sweet Dreams through this board. Anyway, the owner and cake baker was very responsive and gave a lot of feedback on the style of cake. She's the first person I've dealt with so far who actually sounded excited about what she's doing.

Her info is below:
Deena
Sweet Dreams
(624) 142-6318
http://www.sweetdreamscabo.com/
http://www.sweetdrea...com/eprices.htm

-Trisha
Dreams May 13, 2006

Her quote:
2-Tier Wedding Cake
===============
Top tier: 6" square (serves 1
Bottom tier: 10" square (serves 50)
Total Servings: 68
All covered in Dark Chocolate Ganache, with some
dark chocolate shells and
two hand-sculpted palm trees standing up out of top
tier as 'centerpiece'
Cake & filling flavors T.B.A.
Cost: $350 USD + $15 US delivery = $365 USD total
> >>
My quotes do not include any flowers, as each their price always depends on type, season/availabilty, quantity, etc. I recommend to my clients that
they order extras for the cake along with their regular floral order, and I
will happily arrange any flowers on the cake that are provided to me upon my arrival to deliver and set up the cake

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 EDYTA

EDYTA
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:07 PM

Tammy, how long in advances did you book your cake? do they require a deposit? can you please tell me the process that is required, thanks

#3 NHPT

NHPT
    • 3,848 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:26 PM

you should book it as early as possible because she is booking VERY fast! we got a basic cake for a very reasonable price- we did do a tasting with her during our site visit- but she is amazing- call her!
      Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#4 EDYTA

EDYTA
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:15 AM

Hey Nicole how is her english? will see be able to understand me so theres no confusion?

What were your fav flavours? I kinda really wanted a chocolate for the bottom tier and a lemon flavour for the top...what would you recommend?

#5 michelle08

michelle08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:12 PM

Hey tammy...so do you have a picture of your completed wedding cake??

#6 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

Michelle I did individual cakes from Sweet dreams, they were really good and I posted a pic on the forum.

#7 jak27

jak27
            • 715 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:28 PM

I am using Sweet Dreams (Deena) and she has been fabulous so far. I will be emailing her my wedding cake picture and a few details, so we should be good to go.

Just FYI, she quoted approx. $6/slice for her cakes, depending on details, intricacy, and flavors used.

I can't wait to taste!

#8 NYJen

NYJen
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

TammyB - I have looked all over the forum for pics of your cake and I can't find it. Please send it to me or add it here. I would LOVE to see it. Thanks!

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:27 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by host
                  Her quote:
                  2-Tier Wedding Cake
                  ===============
                  Top tier: 6" square (serves 1
                  Bottom tier: 10" square (serves 50)
                  Total Servings: 68
                  All covered in Dark Chocolate Ganache, with some
                  dark chocolate shells and
                  two hand-sculpted palm trees standing up out of top
                  tier as 'centerpiece'
                  Cake & filling flavors T.B.A.
                  Cost: $350 USD + $15 US delivery = $365 USD total
                  Do you have pics of your cake? Sounds almost exactly like what I would want! My FI isn't crazy about the chocolate, but I LOOVE my chocolate! and Ganache is great.

#10 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:27 PM

Here is one of our individual cakes. It was $16.00 per cake plus delivery fee of $50.00 to the Sheraton. They were HUGE, and two people could have shared it and still had some left over.

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users