#21 marinah84

marinah84
  • 463 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Crown Paradise Club Cancun
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

@MrsRoy

I love it!  You'll have to see if you can bring customs into Mexico from the states.  I'm not sure if you can fly them in (either in luggage or thru customs itself...).  Maybe see if your wedding planner has a place you can buy them when you get there?  

I really want to do sparklers as well, but I don't think that I want to deal with the hassle!!

30 guests, Bride & Groom & 2 kids - one FANTASTIC time!

Planning Thread - Includes lots of DIY (picture-heavy)
http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/77321-marinah84s-planning-thread-31415-crown-paradise-club-cancun/

Underwater Trash The Dress Session Photos - Samuel Luna (Photographer)

https://www.facebook...=1&l=a8a5688cd7

Resort Review - Crown Paradise Club Cancun

http://www.bestdesti...28#entry1894872

Photographer Review - Samuel Luna - Coming Soon!

Makeup/Hair Artist Review Sara Tamargo

http://www.bestdesti...akeup-artistry/

For Sale Items

http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1895327

#22 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

We're bringing small alfajores and putting them in little favor boxes that I bought on ebay . Here are pictures www.cocokaramel.ca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TinkerSofi, 16 June 2014 - 12:35 PM.

event.png

#23 LydiaButterfly

LydiaButterfly
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

We have ordered fans with our names and wedding date on them and placing them on the chairs at the ceremony. It's going to be hot in the Riviera Maya in July and we thought people might actually make use of them.

#24 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

We're bringing small alfajores and putting them in little favor boxes that I bought on ebay . Here are pictures www.cocokaramel.ca

Are you worried about bringing these over the border because they are food and not necessarily "packaged"? They look fantastic! I'm in Calgary and may need to go here just to try these! I love the idea!

#25 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

Are you worried about bringing these over the border because they are food and not necessarily "packaged"? They look fantastic! I'm in Calgary and may need to go here just to try these! I love the idea!

I don't think so. They should be ok I think but it would really depend on how many I need to bring. They can also be packaged just to make the trip. I wouldn't get the decorated ones just out of fear that the decorations will not make it and then I can't replace them with more. Plan b is tiny jars of dulce de leche and they would go inside the same boxes :). That might be a lot easier to carry over there too. I'm kind of torn between the two.

event.png

#26 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

I don't think so. They should be ok I think but it would really depend on how many I need to bring. They can also be packaged just to make the trip. I wouldn't get the decorated ones just out of fear that the decorations will not make it and then I can't replace them with more. Plan b is tiny jars of dulce de leche and they would go inside the same boxes :). That might be a lot easier to carry over there too. I'm kind of torn between the two.

Ooooooo I love it! Do you know somewhere local that sells the small jars of dulce de leche?? Or are you thinking of picking it up locally once there? I love the stuff and found it once at sunterra but wasn't able to find it last time I was there.

#27 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

Ooooooo I love it! Do you know somewhere local that sells the small jars of dulce de leche?? Or are you thinking of picking it up locally once there? I love the stuff and found it once at sunterra but wasn't able to find it last time I was there.

Yes! So where they sell the alfajores it's actually my mom who makes them and she has dulce de leche. She can make the tiny jars for a special order and she has the bigger jars usually at the store :). This is the address #32 2110-41 ave NE. I put dulce de leche on everything! Haha

event.png

#28 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

Yes! So where they sell the alfajores it's actually my mom who makes them and she has dulce de leche. She can make the tiny jars for a special order and she has the bigger jars usually at the store :). This is the address #32 2110-41 ave NE. I put dulce de leche on everything! Haha

Sooooo going there! I may even find a way to incorporate the small jars as a "thank you" once we are back to everyone who travelled!

Ps- I didn't realize you officially went with Laurielee, she is so awesome!

#29 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

Sooooo going there! I may even find a way to incorporate the small jars as a "thank you" once we are back to everyone who travelled!

Ps- I didn't realize you officially went with Laurielee, she is so awesome!

I did! I think we're saving a lot on our hotel so yay! I just found out azul fives is on the expensive side of the karisma family hotels. Oops! Haha. No one has booked yet but she's always been around every time I have questions or anything.

event.png

#30 Chrysta

Chrysta
    • 169 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
    • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire - Cancun
    • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

I love the ornament idea! Unfortunately my wedding date is right after Christmas, but every vacation we go on we always get an ornament. Love love love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users