Photo

Having a DJ or using an ipod and sound system?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LeeseMaster

LeeseMaster
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

Getting married in THREE weeks! Wooohooo!

I cant decide if i should hire a DJ or if i should just play my own music?? There will be 18 guests at the wedding on the Spice Terrace. On one hand, i am very picky about music so my ipod would be a plus. On the other hand, i want ZERO stress and one less thing to think about!:shots: so a DJ would be nice.

Has anyone worked with DJ Mannia? Did you tell him all the songs you wanted to hear? Does he play during dinner? Does he announce things well *first dance, cake cutting etc.)?

thanks in advance!!!!!

Lisa soon to be Munn:woot:

#2 LeeseMaster

LeeseMaster
    • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

Also! I see that they only play for 3 hours. How long was dinner? If you eat for an hour (at least) then that leave 2 hours of music???

#3 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
      • 603 posts
        • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LeeseMaster 

Getting married in THREE weeks! Wooohooo!

I cant decide if i should hire a DJ or if i should just play my own music?? There will be 18 guests at the wedding on the Spice Terrace. On one hand, i am very picky about music so my ipod would be a plus. On the other hand, i want ZERO stress and one less thing to think about!:shots: so a DJ would be nice.

Has anyone worked with DJ Mannia? Did you tell him all the songs you wanted to hear? Does he play during dinner? Does he announce things well *first dance, cake cutting etc.)?

thanks in advance!!!!!

Lisa soon to be Munn:woot:

Hello LeeseMaster,

As a wedding planner in the Riviera Maya, my advice is usually when you are having a destination wedding please give your guests a DJ to party the night away, especially if you know your guests love to be on the dance floor. You can use your ipod for a rehearsal dinner or welcome dinner.  DJ mannia is quite good and yes the do make all the important announcements just like any other DJ in the area. and they usually play during dinner as well. You can send them your playlist or send it to your wedding coordinator to forward to them.

reasonable hours for DJ is 4 to 5 hours., if the hotel only offers you 3hours you can always requests an hour extra. 

Hope this was helpful and feel free to ask us anything and we will be happy to help! 

Happy Planning! 

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
        weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
        http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
        Joyce

#4 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
        • 441 posts
        • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
        • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by dreamweddings 

Hello LeeseMaster,

As a wedding planner in the Riviera Maya, my advice is usually when you are having a destination wedding please give your guests a DJ to party the night away, especially if you know your guests love to be on the dance floor. You can use your ipod for a rehearsal dinner or welcome dinner.  DJ mannia is quite good and yes the do make all the important announcements just like any other DJ in the area. and they usually play during dinner as well. You can send them your playlist or send it to your wedding coordinator to forward to them.

reasonable hours for DJ is 4 to 5 hours., if the hotel only offers you 3hours you can always requests an hour extra.

Hope this was helpful and feel free to ask us anything and we will be happy to help!

Happy Planning!

Joyce

I agree I would hire a DJ to get the party going.  If its in your budget I would do it just so you or your guests aren't stuck in charge of the ipod and get to just enjoy the night.

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#5 sharmer

sharmer
        • 165 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 3, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Iberostar Bavaro, Punta Cana
        • LocationKitchener, Ont, Canada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

we're having a dj, but we have a feeling he/she might not play music we're into (we like country music - not too common in the Caribbean) so we will bring our ipods and cds too!

#6 LeeseMaster

LeeseMaster
        • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

Thank you everyone!!!  I think i will just hire a DJ, i think it will change the vibe a little and give me NOTHING to think/worry about!

Woooohooooo!

#7 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
          • 603 posts
            • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LeeseMaster 

Thank you everyone!!!  I think i will just hire a DJ, i think it will change the vibe a little and give me NOTHING to think/worry about!

Woooohooooo!

Glad we could all help you make the decision.

Happy Planning!

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
            weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
            http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
            Joyce

#8 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
            • 599 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

we're having a dj, but we have a feeling he/she might not play music we're into (we like country music - not too common in the Caribbean) so we will bring our ipods and cds too!

Why not send your playlists/requests to the DJ in advance? From what I've seen and read so far, most of them are very accommodating.

#9 sharmer

sharmer
              • 165 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 3, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Iberostar Bavaro, Punta Cana
              • LocationKitchener, Ont, Canada

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

Why not send your playlists/requests to the DJ in advance? From what I've seen and read so far, most of them are very accommodating.

we don't have any contact with the DJ in advance, just the wedding coordinator. No big deal though, I bring my iPod with me everywhere :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users