Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LeeseMaster

Having a DJ or using an ipod and sound system?

Recommended Posts

Getting married in THREE weeks! Wooohooo!

 

I cant decide if i should hire a DJ or if i should just play my own music?? There will be 18 guests at the wedding on the Spice Terrace. On one hand, i am very picky about music so my ipod would be a plus. On the other hand, i want ZERO stress and one less thing to think about!:shots: so a DJ would be nice.

 

Has anyone worked with DJ Mannia? Did you tell him all the songs you wanted to hear? Does he play during dinner? Does he announce things well *first dance, cake cutting etc.)?

 

thanks in advance!!!!!

 

 

Lisa soon to be Munn:woot:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeseMaster View Post
 

Getting married in THREE weeks! Wooohooo!

 

I cant decide if i should hire a DJ or if i should just play my own music?? There will be 18 guests at the wedding on the Spice Terrace. On one hand, i am very picky about music so my ipod would be a plus. On the other hand, i want ZERO stress and one less thing to think about!:shots: so a DJ would be nice.

 

Has anyone worked with DJ Mannia? Did you tell him all the songs you wanted to hear? Does he play during dinner? Does he announce things well *first dance, cake cutting etc.)?

 

thanks in advance!!!!!

 

 

Lisa soon to be Munn:woot:

Hello LeeseMaster,

 

As a wedding planner in the Riviera Maya, my advice is usually when you are having a destination wedding please give your guests a DJ to party the night away, especially if you know your guests love to be on the dance floor. You can use your ipod for a rehearsal dinner or welcome dinner.  DJ mannia is quite good and yes the do make all the important announcements just like any other DJ in the area. and they usually play during dinner as well. You can send them your playlist or send it to your wedding coordinator to forward to them.

 reasonable hours for DJ is 4 to 5 hours., if the hotel only offers you 3hours you can always requests an hour extra. 

 

Hope this was helpful and feel free to ask us anything and we will be happy to help! 

 

Happy Planning! 

Joyce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweddings View Post
 

Hello LeeseMaster,

 

As a wedding planner in the Riviera Maya, my advice is usually when you are having a destination wedding please give your guests a DJ to party the night away, especially if you know your guests love to be on the dance floor. You can use your ipod for a rehearsal dinner or welcome dinner.  DJ mannia is quite good and yes the do make all the important announcements just like any other DJ in the area. and they usually play during dinner as well. You can send them your playlist or send it to your wedding coordinator to forward to them.

 reasonable hours for DJ is 4 to 5 hours., if the hotel only offers you 3hours you can always requests an hour extra.

 

Hope this was helpful and feel free to ask us anything and we will be happy to help!

 

Happy Planning!

Joyce

I agree I would hire a DJ to get the party going.  If its in your budget I would do it just so you or your guests aren't stuck in charge of the ipod and get to just enjoy the night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we're having a dj, but we have a feeling he/she might not play music we're into (we like country music - not too common in the Caribbean) so we will bring our ipods and cds too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeseMaster View Post
 

Thank you everyone!!!  I think i will just hire a DJ, i think it will change the vibe a little and give me NOTHING to think/worry about!

 

Woooohooooo!

Glad we could all help you make the decision.

 

Happy Planning!

Joyce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
we're having a dj, but we have a feeling he/she might not play music we're into (we like country music - not too common in the Caribbean) so we will bring our ipods and cds too!
Why not send your playlists/requests to the DJ in advance? From what I've seen and read so far, most of them are very accommodating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post


Why not send your playlists/requests to the DJ in advance? From what I've seen and read so far, most of them are very accommodating.


we don't have any contact with the DJ in advance, just the wedding coordinator. No big deal though, I bring my iPod with me everywhere :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×