sky186

Help newbie's get 150 posts

I feel like I'll never make it to 150 posts.  Clearly I just do not have enough to say! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarie4713 View Post

I feel like I'll never make it to 150 posts.  Clearly I just do not have enough to say! 

Try searching games- that gave me a lot...and you have a lot of time! So don't fret. :)

Quote:

I started finding DIY projects other shared and wrote little "thank you for sharing" or "good idea" on them.  It got me posts and it was a way to book mark them.

You're almost there, smithandsweet - way to go! with all the info to research here, it's easy to put in lots of time.....great suggestion on the DIYs too - and the bookmark tip - that's what makes this forum such a great resource for everyone......Well Done all !!!

Cheers! Photography Is Forever Studios    400

Quote:

I still kind of have this problem with my MIL and SIL. They don't understand why we want to get married away and not have the whole family there and everything.  We're only invited immediate family, so we'll have about 20 guests total, it just was not important to us to have a big wedding at home and they don't understand that.  My MIL was always making really passive aggressive comments to me when we first announced it would be held in Mexico and finally I just told her she did not have to come and that if we HAD to have anyone there at our wedding, we have done it in our hometown. But all that is important is that him, our daughter, and myself be there. Anyone else is a bonus! 

We are going to do the legal part here in the states first or right after though.  We're not going to be in the country long enough before the wedding day to make it legal and the blood thing and price wasn't worth it. But we're not telling anyone.  Secret! I'm thinking of having some sentimental marriage license/certificate thing made up with our vows on it that all the guests can sign as a guest book, but also as witnesses to our testimony to each other.  

Yes! FI and I are in the early stages of planning a DW. We have only mentioned it to a few people actually - immediate family and a few close friends. 

I'm a quality, not quantity type of girl. I think its more important to spend a few days of quality time with close friends and family members that we don't get to see as often as we would like, than to spend 1 day with over 100 people where there will be many people we barely know. FI and I are paying for the wedding ourselves and it just made more sense to spend the money going snorkeling, sipping drinks on the beach, and having a good time with the 25 or so people we are closest to in our lives instead of spending it feeding people we barely talk to these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckievme View Post

Yes! FI and I are in the early stages of planning a DW. We have only mentioned it to a few people actually - immediate family and a few close friends. 

I'm a quality, not quantity type of girl. I think its more important to spend a few days of quality time with close friends and family members that we don't get to see as often as we would like, than to spend 1 day with over 100 people where there will be many people we barely know. FI and I are paying for the wedding ourselves and it just made more sense to spend the money going snorkeling, sipping drinks on the beach, and having a good time with the 25 or so people we are closest to in our lives instead of spending it feeding people we barely talk to these days.

This is definitely how we felt- especially my husband. I came from a big family that dwindled over time after my grandmother's passing. There were a lot of angry feelings after her death and sides were taken- lets just say my mom was the enemy so NONE of my aunts, uncles, or cousins joined us for our wedding. Who was there? Our FRIENDS, my Godparents, my coworkers and my only blood to show up was my mother, 2 sisters (who gave me a difficult time to show up) and my niece and nephew. 

I guess it's different for everyone, but blood isn't always thicker than water. My friends said things like "wow...DR...ok I'll have to pinch some pennies but I'm gonna be there" and my family said things like "DR? You know how expensive that is. Don't you think that's selfish? You're placing a burden on everyone. We're not sure we can go, that's asking a lot" LOL I don't think asking people to take a vacation is asking a lot lol no one was twisting arms.

I'm not going to lie. The Destination wedding was not my first choice. It was my husbands. We had already booked all of our vendors for Long Island wedding (we're from the BX). Every time something went wrong with the wedding planning he would say "should have had a destination wedding" so I finally threw caution to the wind and cancelled all our contracts and booked a destination wedding lololol then came the drama. 

In the end- EVERYONE who came had an awesome time. We got married in July and they still talk about our wedding. We have the most phenomenal wedding pics from all my friends and family that I have seen, we partied for a week with 40 people who genuinely supported and cared about us- we didn't even eat and drink at our reception because we could not be peeled away from the dance floor. And everyone else who saw the pics and didn't go- expressed regret over it. WE WIN. THE END! LOL

Every wedding has drama anyway- at least yours will be worth it once you are spending a week in paradise!

Wow EVKnowsitall - sounds like you had a very memorable + Amazing Wedding Celebration - Congrats!!!

would Luv to see some photos of all the highlights...pls share when you get the chance.........Way to Enjoy your Big Day!!! .......Cheers!

team MTM :)

I'm also trying to get to 150 posts but it says I have 3 thread posts but I show nothing! Ugh! I wish I knew how this counted, anyone know?