Photo

Will Fiance see your dress before the wedding?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
  • 714 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:32 AM

Unfortunately my fiance saw mine. I was so excited and I wanted to show someone! He is my bestfriend and I needed a second opinion. Also all of my bridesmaids who are my sisters are in the Philippines or elsewhere so I really didn't have anyone to show it to or ask. I wished I had someone then but, oh well... he hasn't seen in my full bridal glory with hair and make-up and I didn't want him to see my jewelry. So there will still be that element of surprise somehow...

#32 FabiLara

FabiLara
    • 172 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

No flipping way!

#33 Bride2012

Bride2012
      • Banned
      • 442 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:57 AM

yeah, i couldnt imagine him seeing me in mine before me coming around the corner and down the aisle

#34 bradleyn

bradleyn
        • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Customarily, you do not let them see the dress until you march the aisle.  It would probably be held as a surprise that will surely puzzle him and keep him guessing.  While that could be a point of argument, as you let others see the dress but not allowing your fiancĀ©, some explaining how you would like to keep it a surprise will solve the problem. After all, what is some weeks or months of waiting.

#35 weddingaway

weddingaway
          • 196 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

He hasn't seen me in it, and doesn't want to, but the dress has been hanging around the house for several months.  i am still waiting to get it altered and add a few things so it is the exact dress yet.

#36 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

HELL NO!!!! lol i have had my wedding dress/ reception dress now for a year and not once has he seen it. I want him to have that first sight of me in it, the hanger gives no justice to it lol

lucky for me hes not the type to peak before the wedding... i totally would lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#37 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
              • 1,748 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:36 AM

NO WAY!!!!!! And FI has no interest to see it before so that is GREAT!!!!

#38 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

My FI is the same! He really has no interest in seeing my dress, so it makes it pretty easy to hide!!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

NO WAY!!!!!! And FI has no interest to see it before so that is GREAT!!!!

#39 Gin Bootles

Gin Bootles
                • 260 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

yes the day we got engaged, prior we were out of town and this company had the dress i wanted to try on.. he already saw me in it.. but who knows i might not get that dress.. but i dont believe in the supersticious stuff!

Originally Posted by michelle08 

Just curious to know if any of you are letting fiance see your dress prior to the ceremony??

All because, two people fell in love!

#40 kat2012

kat2012
                  • 602 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

We went shopping for it and bought together. He is my best friend and only his opinion counts. As for the bad luck.... Work on our marriages and we will get good luck :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users