Photo

Tequila Tasting & PV Restaurant Recommendations from Owner of Casa Noble Tequila

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:34 PM

Martin and I recently attended a tequila tasting of Casa Noble Tequilas. First off, let me say these are great tequilas! I've never tasted tequila so complex. Their bottle of A±ejo tequila is made of black porcelain with hand painted real gold accents. If I remember correctly they make only 2,000 cases a year, and it is only $90 a bottle! My favorite though was the Reposado - delicious hints of vanilla. They have won several awards for their tequilas, so if you get a chance - check it out!

After the presentation we had dinner and I had the fortune of sitting next to the Owner of Casa Noble. He is a very nice man. I decided to practice my Spanish and asked him where he was from (Cuernavaca). Then we got into talking about our wedding in PV. He said PV is one of his favorite places in Mexico, and that he'd recently attended a wedding at The Mayan (Marina District), and loved it! Woohoo! He gave me his card and said to email him. We have since been emailing back and forth and I wanted to share some restaurant recommendations with y'all:

"There are many great restaurants but you have to go to Caf© des Artistes, Tierry is a good friend and one of the best chefs in the world (not exaggerating he is rated in the top 150 chefs in the world), La Palapa is a good place by the beach in old Vallarta (one of the first restaurants there), De Santos is a very trendy place that people from MX like to go to, Talento is also a trendy place with very good food, Las Siete Tostadas y great for light lunch (very informal), Le Kliff food is OK but the view is incredible, for breakfast River Caf© right by the river that runs in the middle of the city, Los Jitomates very good food."

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 Lizzy

Lizzy
    • 501 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:59 PM

Jaime, how cool is that? He sounds like a very nice guy. So now you are hanging with the big guys, huh? Thanks for sharing the info!
      For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#3 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:05 PM

thanks for the tips Jaime!! I really want to try Dos Santos!

#4 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:30 PM

awesome jaime! thanks!

#5 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
          • VIP Member
          • 4,116 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:36 PM

Why couldn't you befriend the big-wig tequila maker BEFORE I went to PV?!?! Lol! That's great that you've got all these cool reccomendations! You guys are going for a site visit in Dec, right? You can test a few of them out and see what your faves are. :-)

#6 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:40 PM

Thank you so much! These are awesome recommendations.

Jealous you are BFF with the head honcho.

#7 edna

edna
              • Site Supporter
              • 1,360 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by
                "There are many great restaurants but you have to go to [B
                Caf© des Artistes[/B], Tierry is a good friend and one of the best chefs in the world (not exaggerating he is rated in the top 150 chefs in the world), La Palapa is a good place by the beach in old Vallarta (one of the first restaurants there), De Santos is a very trendy place that people from MX like to go to, Talento is also a trendy place with very good food, Las Siete Tostadas y great for light lunch (very informal), Le Kliff food is OK but the view is incredible, for breakfast River Caf© right by the river that runs in the middle of the city, Los Jitomates very good food."
                Thank you Jaime for the info.. I agree completely have tried Cafe des Artistes and I is AWESOME, River Cafe and Le Jazz Bistro Cafe both in the River are from my favs... and Las 7 tostadas is really Ocho Tostadas and is in the marina zone , is very informal but their ceviche tostadas are the best!!! MMMHHHH!!!

#8 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:27 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mora
                  Thank you Jaime for the info.. I agree completely have tried Cafe des Artistes and I is AWESOME, River Cafe and Le Jazz Bistro Cafe both in the River are from my favs... and Las 7 tostadas is really Ocho Tostadas and is in the marina zone , is very informal but their ceviche tostadas are the best!!! MMMHHHH!!!
                  Thanks for the tidbit Mora I love ceviche!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users