Photo

Boudoir books - which website to create the book?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 agm04

agm04
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

Just wondering if I should use picaboo, snapfish, shutterfly, mixbook, etc.  Anyone have a great experience or a not-so-great one they're willing to share?  Important to note is that I'll need really fast processing and shipping (I'll pay for overnight), since my shoot is only a couple weeks before our wedding, so if you ordered one that took forever to process please say that, too!  Thanks!

#2 deniden

deniden
    • Site Supporter
    • 355 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
    • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

I used Shutterfly. I did a black background book and would use their crop tool to create little peek-a-boo pictures... it was great. Fast processing and the finished product looked awesome!

#3 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
    • 455 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
    • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

I had a great experience with both Shutterfly and Snapfish. I used Shutterfly to create my guestbook, I did a hard cover book through them, and I also made a softcover book through Snapfish of just random pics of my fiance and I. I was quite please with both, but I think for the boudoir book I will use shutterfly, only because I like the little black book template that they have. I haven't checked out mixbook or any others though!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#4 agm04

agm04
    • 548 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Thanks guys!  Someone else told me they were happy with Shutterfly too, so I think I will go that route!  Your input is much appreciated!

#5 SkyHighT100

SkyHighT100
      • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

I used Mixbook and LOVED how the final product turned out. I did a black leather book and used a discount code I found online. The one that really drew me to Mixbook was that they had a ton of layouts and options along with an easy to use setup.

#6 CLR

CLR
        • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:27 AM

I used My Bridal Pix and my book came out awesome. I chose their lay flat book which had thick pages and panoramic spreads so I did not have the fold of the book down the middle of my images. What I liked most was they had templates that were just for boudoir books so my book was really easy to lay out and it looks so professional. 

#7 Mangosong

Mangosong
          • 170 posts
          • Wedding Date:March 20, 2017
          • Wedding Location:Costa Rica!
          • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

@agm04 For two different weddings I was in, us BMs did books for the Bride with pictures and stories from us. We used http://www.milkbooks.com/about.aspxand they came out AMAZING! I highly recommend them.

#8 Maggietron

Maggietron
          • 294 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 11, 2015

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

eek! A couple weeks isn't much time! Is that even enough time to get the shots from the photographer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users