Jump to content

Photo

A little thing I like to call "Operation Wedding Dress" (aka, my dress is too small... but it won't be soon!)


  • Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#331 Lucy79

Lucy79
  • Jr. Member
  • 176 posts

    Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

    Hey everyone! Glad I found this forum.  Lots of interesting information, situations and suggestions.  I can`t believe someone tried to fake their own death .

     

    I got engaged a few weeks ago and decided on Dec. 6th as our wedding date.  I would like to lose 20-25 lbs by the wedding day....hopefully lol. it is doable right!!!

    I started the Jillian Michael's Body revolution about a month ago and prior to getting engaged cause I was frustrated with the holiday weight gain and I was back to my heaviest weight ever.  Now i have a huge motivator to actually stick to it. I lost about 4 lbs so far (hard to tell right now due to mother nature). I am going to weigh myself and take my measurements on Monday to check in and see the progress.  I do see changes in my body.  There is less cellulite in the legs and butt, my legs are firmer and I feel like I see the biggest changes in my mid section but then again, that is my biggest problem. I can not tell you how motivating it is to work out when you remind yourself that all your friends and families will be seeing you in a bathing suit soon.  LOL!

     

    Anywho, I really like the program so far.  It is a 90 day program and the workouts are 30 mins.  It is set up that you work out 6 times a week. You work out the front of your body in one workout, then your back in another and there is a cardio workout.  You do each one twice a week rotating through them.  I have not been able to work out 6 days a week because I play baseball one night a week.  I had every intention of baseball being my rest day and still working out 6 days but I have found so far that I do need a day to actually rest.  So I have been rotating the DVDs over 5 days.   

     

    Now I wish that I had taken a picture of myself when I started but at the time I was too embarrassed by the way I looked and could not bring myself to take a picture of myself. I try hard to make smart food choices but I find that this is my weakness.  I am of Italian descent....carbs and sweets are engraved into our DNA. hahaha!



    #332 DANIELLE03

    DANIELLE03
    • Jr. Member
    • 413 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
    • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
    • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

    Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

    Originally Posted by Lucy79 

    Hey everyone! Glad I found this forum.  Lots of interesting information, situations and suggestions.  I can`t believe someone tried to fake their own death .

     

    I got engaged a few weeks ago and decided on Dec. 6th as our wedding date.  I would like to lose 20-25 lbs by the wedding day....hopefully lol. it is doable right!!!

    I started the Jillian Michael's Body revolution about a month ago and prior to getting engaged cause I was frustrated with the holiday weight gain and I was back to my heaviest weight ever.  Now i have a huge motivator to actually stick to it. I lost about 4 lbs so far (hard to tell right now due to mother nature). I am going to weigh myself and take my measurements on Monday to check in and see the progress.  I do see changes in my body.  There is less cellulite in the legs and butt, my legs are firmer and I feel like I see the biggest changes in my mid section but then again, that is my biggest problem. I can not tell you how motivating it is to work out when you remind yourself that all your friends and families will be seeing you in a bathing suit soon.  LOL!

     

    Anywho, I really like the program so far.  It is a 90 day program and the workouts are 30 mins.  It is set up that you work out 6 times a week. You work out the front of your body in one workout, then your back in another and there is a cardio workout.  You do each one twice a week rotating through them.  I have not been able to work out 6 days a week because I play baseball one night a week.  I had every intention of baseball being my rest day and still working out 6 days but I have found so far that I do need a day to actually rest.  So I have been rotating the DVDs over 5 days.   

     

    Now I wish that I had taken a picture of myself when I started but at the time I was too embarrassed by the way I looked and could not bring myself to take a picture of myself. I try hard to make smart food choices but I find that this is my weakness.  I am of Italian descent....carbs and sweets are engraved into our DNA. hahaha!


    Hi and welcome! This thread has gone from working out to everything! So feel free to talk about anything!

     

    Im not itatlian but I do love my carbs and sweets! lol

     

    for this Competeition/program I joined i have TO take before pics,,and post them on the forum in order to win prizes... lol And I am not ready to do that! haha but I have to.

     

    Good luck!!!



    #333 moodyc82

    moodyc82
    • Member
    • 614 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
    • LocationNJ

    Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

    So I went running and than kickboxing class on saturday and did a 2hr hike on sunday!!!  And going wedding dress shopping this saturday!!! Can't wait



    #334 DANIELLE03

    DANIELLE03
    • Jr. Member
    • 413 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
    • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
    • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

    Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

    Originally Posted by moodyc82 

    So I went running and than kickboxing class on saturday and did a 2hr hike on sunday!!!  And going wedding dress shopping this saturday!!! Can't wait

    AWESOME GIRL!!! This weekend I had a baseball tournament. So Im considering that my "cardio" even though it wasnt that much runing But I had no time to add anything else in.  I got my weights in both days today is my "rest" day for weights, but I should get some cardio in today. I hope I can get enough energy!!!! I am so freaking tired right now so its not looking promising unless I have a nap first lol ( old woman problems) ahahaha

     

    Im gonna try and do some workouts still when im in Vegas. If i wake up earlier then everyone else Ill go get a quick workout in and then gamble on the way bck to the room.  hahaha



    #335 lorcas

    lorcas
    • Jr. Member
    • 297 posts

      Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

      I'm going to try working out in the morning before work from now on. I have a 20 minute turbo jam workout that I really enjoy and I feel like I can fit that into my morning routine without having to get up that much earlier. I might even consider going for a quick run of a mile or two instead of that workout if it gets too mundane every day. Hopefully I can stick to it! 



      #336 redsoxgrl

      redsoxgrl
      • Newbie
      • 34 posts

        Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

        So my wedding is July 2014, i too am looking to lose weight!  My FI is also trying to lose weight as well (although he isnt fat at all!).  I am a size 12, and as of now my dress size is 14 .  We have totally changed our eating habits, i have been rollerblading DAILY 4 miles, but i just kicked it up to 6 miles yesterday!  In almost 14 days of eating better and working out, i have already seen a 3.6lb weight loss!

         

        I was told by the dress shop, that i should buy the dress the size i am now since it is easier to take it in rather then order smaller and god forbid it didn't fit.  I'm pretty curvy anyways in the hips and chest, so they usually have to purchase for the largest part anyways.  Is there any truth to this? I need to purchase before sept as i am in a very demanding degree program and i wont have time for anything wedding related till next may when i graduate.

         

        Happy to have found this thread.  Keep up the good work everyone!!! Summer is a hard time with the empty calories due to drinking and all the cookouts! 



        #337 DANIELLE03

        DANIELLE03
        • Jr. Member
        • 413 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
        • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
        • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

        Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

        Originally Posted by lorcas 

        I'm going to try working out in the morning before work from now on. I have a 20 minute turbo jam workout that I really enjoy and I feel like I can fit that into my morning routine without having to get up that much earlier. I might even consider going for a quick run of a mile or two instead of that workout if it gets too mundane every day. Hopefully I can stick to it! 

        I LOVE THAT 20 min turbo jam workout. I wish I could add it into my am. I already have to get up at 615 and even then I can barely get up. Pretty sure im still half asleep when i get to work lol My hair is never done the way I like it. ! Im not a morning person



        #338 moodyc82

        moodyc82
        • Member
        • 614 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
        • LocationNJ

        Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

        Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

        AWESOME GIRL!!! This weekend I had a baseball tournament. So Im considering that my "cardio" even though it wasnt that much runing But I had no time to add anything else in.  I got my weights in both days today is my "rest" day for weights, but I should get some cardio in today. I hope I can get enough energy!!!! I am so freaking tired right now so its not looking promising unless I have a nap first lol ( old woman problems) ahahaha

         

        Im gonna try and do some workouts still when im in Vegas. If i wake up earlier then everyone else Ill go get a quick workout in and then gamble on the way bck to the room.  hahaha

        I'm still working out while we're on our cruise. Need to!!

        Originally Posted by lorcas 

        I'm going to try working out in the morning before work from now on. I have a 20 minute turbo jam workout that I really enjoy and I feel like I can fit that into my morning routine without having to get up that much earlier. I might even consider going for a quick run of a mile or two instead of that workout if it gets too mundane every day. Hopefully I can stick to it! 

        I was thinking of starting this but not sure if I can get up any earlier lol

        Originally Posted by redsoxgrl 

        So my wedding is July 2014, i too am looking to lose weight!  My FI is also trying to lose weight as well (although he isnt fat at all!).  I am a size 12, and as of now my dress size is 14 

        I LOVE THAT 20 min turbo jam workout. I wish I could add it into my am. I already have to get up at 615 and even then I can barely get up. Pretty sure im still half asleep when i get to work lol My hair is never done the way I like it. ! Im not a morning person


        I wake up at 5:30am for work :(



        #339 Lucy79

        Lucy79
        • Jr. Member
        • 176 posts

          Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

          Originally Posted by lorcas 

          I'm going to try working out in the morning before work from now on. I have a 20 minute turbo jam workout that I really enjoy and I feel like I can fit that into my morning routine without having to get up that much earlier. I might even consider going for a quick run of a mile or two instead of that workout if it gets too mundane every day. Hopefully I can stick to it! 

          Sticking to it is the hardest part.  I did not do well this weekend in the eating healthy dept.  Went over to a girlfriend's house who is an amazing cook and host.  Totally over indulged. :(

          Originally Posted by redsoxgrl 

          So my wedding is July 2014, i too am looking to lose weight!  My FI is also trying to lose weight as well (although he isnt fat at all!).  I am a size 12, and as of now my dress size is 14 

          I LOVE THAT 20 min turbo jam workout. I wish I could add it into my am. I already have to get up at 615 and even then I can barely get up. Pretty sure im still half asleep when i get to work lol My hair is never done the way I like it. ! Im not a morning person

          Neither am I! I am not coherent until I have some coffee. LOL! 



          #340 hezmshaw

          hezmshaw
          • Jr. Member
          • 223 posts

            Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

            A little quiet these days, how's everyone doing?




            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users