Photo

How do you deal with people who invite themselves to your wedding?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

I have so many people make the comment, I cant wait to your wedding, I just pretend I didn't listen, or just nervously laugh, I had my engagement party and invited everyone that was invited to my wedding, the party was about 100 people, I expect to have maybe 30 people come to my wedding, 40 if I am lucky. 

#22 Xarocas

Xarocas
    • 157 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Im having the same problem, but with people from work!! I've only been there for 3 months and they are all asking me if they are invited and how nice it will be to have a 'company' trip to my wedding...i dont know what to say but they are not invited basically.... Any help? I usually smile and change conversations... Arghhh

#23 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
      • 599 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Im having the same problem, but with people from work!! I've only been there for 3 months and they are all asking me if they are invited and how nice it will be to have a 'company' trip to my wedding...i dont know what to say but they are not invited basically.... Any help? I usually smile and change conversations... Arghhh

I would just say that you and your fianc© are having a very small and intimate wedding with family and close friends.

#24 Xarocas

Xarocas
        • 157 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

Yeah, I'm going to start saying that next time someone asks me... I just think it's a bit rude to say stuff like that.. specially people from work I don't know very well....

#25 tarynh86

tarynh86
          • 151 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
          • Wedding Location:dreams punta cana
          • Locationontario Canada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

Ya I'm having this problem as well - FI has a huge family, half of them I've nerve even met aND now we'really feeling obligated to invite everyone

#26 stefadile

stefadile
          • 192 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 30, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Negril , Jamaica
          • LocationIreland

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

Also having that problem.... my Fiancé has a big family, that all seem to get along, and live in Jamaica.... we have ended up caving into pressure and invited them.... his parents wanted invite more people, we just had to say no, and politely explain we don't want a massive wedding.

#27 SuchALady777

SuchALady777
          • 154 posts
          • Wedding Date:September 1, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas
          • LocationNYC

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

My FMIL thinks it's her wedding....she's told us she needs some STD'S to send to her friends. ..EXCUSE ME??. I'm barely paying for the people I want there. What makes her think I wanna pay for her people?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users