#41 mbear2014

mbear2014
  • 11 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Mayan Riviera, Grand Sunset Princess
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

Hi @aborgesbride !

Well it all depends on which location you choose, I did not go with any of the restaurants or the beach party due to cost (we are on a smaller budget). We chose the Gala room which is $150USD to rent itself, and then were sent a menu list. Our menu is $57/person with a minimum of 40 persons charged ($2280USD). They will have a bartender and wine/beer/pop, we have to go pick up liquor locally.

All of our quotes are from last summer, but I do not think it changes much! I am sorry I cannot be more helpful.

#42 April2015

April2015
  • 20 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess Resort & Spa
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Hello! I have my wedding secured now for June 7, 2014..I'm so excited! We are getting married at 4 pm at the sunset gazebo and we are doing the chill out party which starts at 6pm! We are going to be using Dean Sanderson for photography,....I read great reviews on him and LOVE the photos hes taken of weddings on his website! I have a question for all of you...is the hair stylist at the resort any good? I want a wavy loose up do-nothing super tight or tightly curled...just a beachy feel. I wonder if they're any good at this? If anyone has pictures of the hairstylist's work that would be great! Thank you!

Hi!

Congrats on your up coming wedding! It's getting close so you must be getting really excited. I was just wondering did you  have to pay anything to the resort in order for the outside photographer to come in and take pics of your wedding?

April

April   

"He stole my heart, so I'm stealing his last name."

#43 aborgesbride

aborgesbride
  • 65 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Riviera Maya

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

@mbear2014

Thanks for the info!

#44 mbear2014

mbear2014
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

@April2015

$200.00USD per photographer that comes on site :(

#45 April2015

April2015
  • 20 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess Resort & Spa
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

@April2015

$200.00USD per photographer that comes on site :(

Thanks!

I hope your wedding is beautiful. Would you be able to send me pics so I can see your set up? Write a review and let me know your yays and nays? Sounds like a lot but whatever helpful notes you can give me I'd greatly appreciate it. 

April   

"He stole my heart, so I'm stealing his last name."

#46 mbear2014

mbear2014
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

@April2015 Absolutely!

Thank you! I am a more boring bride due to budget.... no decorations, wedding favors, flower arrangements... but either way I shall put up photos and detail my experiences!

#47 n0tURavrgeBride

n0tURavrgeBride
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

HI guys!!! My big day is just a few weeks away :D  Can't explain in words the amount of excitement and nerves i'm starting to feel.

I have one big problem though….. I have been trying to contact Monserrat for almost a month now and have not heard back. 

If any of you talk to the wedding coordinator (Monserrat) please PLEEEEAAASE tell her to contact me.

I was suppose to give my last payment by April and I sent her the authorization letter singed already, for them to take the payment….. and she has not reply at all. I'm so nervous, and sacred she'll turn around and say i was too late to make the last payment or something crazy like that. I swear i have sent her 5 emails already and even try to contact the hotel by phone.

Please help, I'm freaking out!!!

HI guys!!! My big day is just a few weeks away :D  Can't explain in words the amount of excitement and nerves i'm starting to feel.

I have one big problem though….. I have been trying to contact Monserrat for almost a month now and have not heard back. 

If any of you talk to the wedding coordinator (Monserrat) please PLEEEEAAASE tell her to contact me.

I was suppose to give my last payment by April and I sent her the authorization letter singed already, for them to take the payment….. and she has not reply at all. I'm so nervous, and sacred she'll turn around and say i was too late to make the last payment or something crazy like that. I swear i have sent her 5 emails already and even try to contact the hotel by phone.

Please help, I'm freaking out!!!

Ohhhhh and my name is Analia, set to get married May 9th, 2014 under the Sunset Gazebo at 4pm.

THanks!!

#48 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:17 AM

I'm taking a serious look at this resort. I had my heart set on Gran Porto Real in Playa del Carmen but don't like a couple of comments that have been passed on about the resort. Grand Sunset Princess looks beautiful, and I really like the gazebo!

I've checked a bunch of photographers and it may be worth looking at Cecilia Dumas. I love the colours in her photos, and I'm seriously considering getting her booked.

Happy planning everyone!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#49 nikkicraig10

nikkicraig10
    • 88 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 26, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess
    • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

@nehaanjaria - For renting the Chill Out Bar reception - How many guests do you have? I was under the impression that it was a minimum of 40 guests, at $100 per person. (so $4000). I was at a wedding show yesterday and a destination wedding booth woman told me no way; the minimum is 80. I told her I disagreed but she seemed pretty aggressive about it. I don't even think the chill out bar could accomodate 80!

Any feedback helps! I had fantasized about a beautiful private reception that's near the beach, and not on the beach, and I only have 40 guests. (and of course the WC hasn't gotten back to me)

Thanks!

Nikki

#50 mbear2014

mbear2014
    • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

@nikkicraig10

Here is the information I was emailed last July from my WC when I was deciding.

Chill out party: 80 guests is the MAXIMUM capacity on the wooden deck. Chill out beach area is maximum 450 guests

Beach party: from 40 to 450 guests.

Gala dinner *we went with this*: Minimum 30 guests to rent a room and have this option.

My understanding is there is a minimum charge for 40 guests for the chill out, so if you have 34 guests, you are paying for 6 people who don't exist.

If you need more information I have a ton in emails, including packages in PDF form (mind you it is all from 2013).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users