• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Kyliewylie

• 153 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Amber
  • LocationPuerto Vallarta

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

oh god, not another expense? this seems so pointless, especially if you are tipping them already on top of their fee

#12 ChristienEarnest

• 183 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

I haven't though about this...thanks for the insight.
    I feel as though you should be hospitable to the vendors who have been with you all day.

#13 KathyandEthan

• 170 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
    • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

Vendors (photographer & DJ) usually always require food. They are people too and  need to eat to function. It's not like they can leave your wedding to go get food, so you need to bring it to them.

They are usually fine with heavy appetizers and will step off to the side to eat really quick. Just make sure you talk about it when you book them. It's not like they need the 4 course meal your guest get they just need fuel to keep working. 

#14 kmk2016

• Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

Most resorts have vendor meals... So you aren't expected to feed them your lobster dinner if that's the menu you select for your guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 Feath07

• 48 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:DR - Punta Cana

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

Yes you should definitely feed your photographers. Generally there's a reduced price for their food, since their meal is only part of the menu, however they do need to be fed as well.  They'll be working a lot of hours as well, and deserve a nice warm meal.  They generally will eat at a separate table or in an "outside" table away from your guests, but it really depends on the venue and vendor.

#16 Nybride525

• 229 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

Most photographer websites actually mention they expect to be fed but not a crazy expensive meal just fuel lol...which if you have them5-6 hours I can understand but hate the expense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users