Feeding vendors?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 agm04

agm04
  • 548 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hi ladies,

I did a quick search but the threads I found are old and scattered on a bunch of different boards.  Just wondering what people are doing about this.  Honestly I hadn't even considered it until today, and I googled it - I was surprised to find that it is apparently expected that you feed your photographers, DJ/band, coordinator, etc.  Um.  So far I love all the vendors I'm working with, but we are spending a LOT of money on them and I'm a little surprised that we're supposed to tack an $80+ dinner on top of the fees and tips we're paying them!  We're not at an all inclusive.

I've read that some venues provide a "vendor meal" option, which is different/cheaper food, or they offer the same meal you are serving guests at a reduced rate.  Apparently some places also have a separate room so the vendors don't have to sit with the guests.  (If I were them I probably wouldn't want to sit with the guests and vice versa.)  I'm inquiring about this with my venue but it doesn't seem like the kind of place that will have another place for them to sit, and we can't very well have them eating cheeseburgers while sitting amongst the guests who are eating surf and turf.  Haha.  So...what's everyone doing?

#2 Cherina

Cherina
    • Banned
    • 636 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Bump

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#3 agm04

agm04
      • 548 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

So I asked the venue for options.  They said a lot of people just offer the main course, which for us would be about $30 per person.  I can handle that.  But I'm still wondering what people do about seating.  Seems to awkward to me.

#4 karyc

karyc
        • 166 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

ugh i hadn't even thought about this! is this required!? we are already paying a huge outside-vendor fee at the resort i really don't feel like adding anymore to the costs!

#5 Zoe Nguyen

Zoe Nguyen
          • Site Supporter
          • 132 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I'm not doing the tip, but they will seat at the end of the table with the guests or at a separate table, but the same meal, depends on how they prefer, I will email them prior to the wedding date, we only have 1 or 2 wedding planners, and a photographer, so it wont cost too much. I wont do the tip though, I dont think anyone expected, my fiance is a part-time wedding photographer, and we never expect any tip. 

#6 Zoe Nguyen

Zoe Nguyen
            • Site Supporter
            • 132 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

possibly a thank you card after the wedding. 

#7 karyc

karyc
              • 166 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

wow, does your fiance usually get sat at tables with guests during weddings, zoe? shoot, i really did not think about this

#8 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
                • 296 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

you normally feed anyone who is with you all day - wedidng planners, photographers etc. anyone who arrives after dinner (eg a band) doesnt normally get fed

1-2 courses is standard i think (eg main and dessert, starter and dessert)

#9 Zoe Nguyen

Zoe Nguyen
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 132 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by karyc 

wow, does your fiance usually get sat at tables with guests during weddings, zoe? shoot, i really did not think about this

No, when we did the wedding for our clients, we did not sit with the guests, most of the time we eat before the wedding started in our private time (half an hour break when the bride getting retouch before reception). However as it is such as small wedding with max 30 guests, I dont mind to set a table for their comfort, and will be only 3-4 vendors who are wedding organiser and photographer, the rest I dont know them or just organised through wedding planner, and they wont be at the reception.   

#10 Zoe Nguyen

Zoe Nguyen
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 132 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

I think if you dont feed the vendors they wont be disspointed and wont expect such a thing. However as I have contacted them over a year to ask every single detail (I haven't been to the island at all) so I think it's kind of a gesture to do so. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users