Sign in to follow this  
PrecisePlans

Specialty Drink - ROR??

If I wanted to have a special drink for my guests with my name on it (example – “Marshaâ€s Island Loveâ€), could I give the bartender a basic recipe and have him make it for my guests? Does anyone know. I'm emailing Chandlyn right now to find out.

Absolutly. We are doing it in Cabo and our WC (the resorts cordinator) said it was a great idea and that I should pick a drink that goes with our colors. I dont see why they couldnt do it ecspecially if you forwarn them.

We had many different drinks over the week. A different 1 everyday with a special name for our group. What ever bar we were at when we got to talking to the bartender he always made a wedding drink for our group it was fun...lol

Jerzzygirl, there wasn't any charge for that? Who came up with the drink recipe.......you or the bartender. I'm thinking of having drink menu's made up for the disco. Do you think that they would serve my specialty drink for free if i gave them a basic recipe to follow?

Also, how were the menus at your dinner reception? Did they have everything that was in the included menu on your menu or did they only have selected items? Last question: Did you have to give them a headcount beforehand of everyone's entree selections?

Thanks!!!

Okay, I've heard from Chandlyn regarding the specialty drinks. Her answer is in red.

10. Specialty Drinks (FOR DINNER / DISCO)

If I wanted to have a special drink for my guests with my name on it (example – “Marshaâ€s Island Loveâ€), could I give the bartender a basic recipe and have him make it for my guests?

This will depend on the ingredients. Should they be available this will not be a problem.

No I didnt tell them how to make the drink I just said make something special for our group please lol... And they did. You can just ask the bartender to make you whatever you want and they will. Even by color. Say green or blue and even purple. We had our reception at the mammee bay steak house so the menu's were just the regular menus. Each guest just told the waiter what they wanted. Your guests only order the entree, salad and soup is up at the buffet. Desert was the wedding cake.