Photo

Specialty Drink - ROR??

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:42 PM

If I wanted to have a special drink for my guests with my name on it (example – “Marsha’s Island Love”), could I give the bartender a basic recipe and have him make it for my guests? Does anyone know. I'm emailing Chandlyn right now to find out.

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:44 PM

I have no idea, but it sounds fun! Let us know what Chandlyn says.

#3 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
      • 802 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:51 PM

will do. I found a great Drink Menu template in the DIY section.

#4 Jackie

Jackie
        • 2,290 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:16 PM

Absolutly. We are doing it in Cabo and our WC (the resorts cordinator) said it was a great idea and that I should pick a drink that goes with our colors. I dont see why they couldnt do it ecspecially if you forwarn them.
          My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#5 ashakm

ashakm
          • 30 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 07:23 PM

Oh, that sounds like a great idea!!! Yeah, let me know what she says. I would love to do that, also!!

#6 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
            • 679 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:21 AM

If you are paying $10/person for the open bar, I am sure they would be able to do this. Let me know what Chandalyn says.
              Brittney & Peter
              July 12, 2008
              Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#7 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
              • 203 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

We had many different drinks over the week. A different 1 everyday with a special name for our group. What ever bar we were at when we got to talking to the bartender he always made a wedding drink for our group it was fun...lol

#8 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                • 802 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:30 PM

Jerzzygirl, there wasn't any charge for that? Who came up with the drink recipe.......you or the bartender. I'm thinking of having drink menu's made up for the disco. Do you think that they would serve my specialty drink for free if i gave them a basic recipe to follow?

Also, how were the menus at your dinner reception? Did they have everything that was in the included menu on your menu or did they only have selected items? Last question: Did you have to give them a headcount beforehand of everyone's entree selections?

Thanks!!!

#9 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                  • 802 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:23 PM

Okay, I've heard from Chandlyn regarding the specialty drinks. Her answer is in red.

10. Specialty Drinks (FOR DINNER / DISCO)
                    If I wanted to have a special drink for my guests with my name on it (example – “Marsha’s Island Love”), could I give the bartender a basic recipe and have him make it for my guests?

This will depend on the ingredients. Should they be available this will not be a problem.

#10 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
                    • 203 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:33 PM

No I didnt tell them how to make the drink I just said make something special for our group please lol... And they did. You can just ask the bartender to make you whatever you want and they will. Even by color. Say green or blue and even purple. We had our reception at the mammee bay steak house so the menu's were just the regular menus. Each guest just told the waiter what they wanted. Your guests only order the entree, salad and soup is up at the buffet. Desert was the wedding cake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users