1012 replies to this topic

#961 ctlind7

ctlind7
  • 134 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace - Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationSpringfield, IL

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

I leave in 10 days! My onsite is Joseline! Can't wait :)

#962 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:19 AM

@ctlind7 so exciting!!! I cant wait to hear all about it

Hey ladies, we are working out our budget kinks now. I am  a little confused on the free nights for the bride and groom. Do we pay for our entire stay by the payment deadline? Or are the comp nights deducted from our final bill? 

Thanks

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

#963 jackielemman

jackielemman
  • 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace, Cancun
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

@ctlind7

So excited for you!! You will love Joselin! She is wonderful! Wishing you a dream wedding and perfect vacation!

#964 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

As we reach the close of 2014, I just want to send a BIG CONGRATS to all of the 2014 MP brides!!

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

#965 lovetrice23

lovetrice23
  • 8 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Moon palace golf and spa resort

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

Hi ladies!
I'm a newbie. I'm getting married next year at the Moon Palace on November 20th. We are beyond excited and I'm happy to have found this forum. So many things to plan. Feel free to say hello or friend me. I'm in desperate need of friends to have wedding talk with besides my mother. Lol

@ctlind7 so exciting!!! I cant wait to hear all about it
Hey ladies, we are working out our budget kinks now. I am  a little confused on the free nights for the bride and groom. Do we pay for our entire stay by the payment deadline? Or are the comp nights deducted from our final bill? 

Thanks

I just received my confirmation. We were required to pay the $250 deposit for the wedding and to pay our entire stay within 7 days of signing the wedding contract. From what I understand is, the nights will be deducted from the final bill. Hope that helps.

#966 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:43 AM

Hi, welcome, and congrats! You will find a lot of helpful information on this site. @lovetrice23 I am so glad I have found this forum, I will bore people to death with wedding talk. I keep seeing different things all over the place. I am using a travel agent from this forum. It is very confusing once you start seeing everyone's different agreements. It might depend on your travel agency. We definitely did not pay our entire stay.

event.png

#967 lovetrice23

lovetrice23
  • 8 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Moon palace golf and spa resort

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

Thank you! @bholders ! I've been going back and reading all the posts. So many details to consider, it almost gives me anxiety. We decided not to go with a travel agency and are dealing directly with the resort. My mom is all the planner we need which is great in this case.

#968 misbosox

misbosox
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort ~ Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:33 AM

Past moon brides that had their receptions on the terrace along beach.  How windy was it? I have folded standing cards and paper name tags to sit on rim of glasses.    Just worried they will blow off.    The folded cards for each table are  our "photo - instagram/photo site" signs.  Do you think they will be okay or should I put it inside a small frame?

#969 shan0487

shan0487
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

There a good chance they will blow away. We were there in November and it was windy almost every night.  Better to be safe than sorry :)

Past moon brides that had their receptions on the terrace along beach.  How windy was it? I have folded standing cards and paper name tags to sit on rim of glasses.    Just worried they will blow off.    The folded cards for each table are  our "photo - instagram/photo site" signs.  Do you think they will be okay or should I put it inside a small frame?

#970 misbosox

misbosox
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort ~ Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:55 PM

For past brides what did you do for lighting? Who did you go through? Do you remember an est cost?
Any pics of how it was set up ?
Our reception is at 6:30pm Tucan Terrace. We wanted X effect of hanging paper lanterns but one vendor told me we would need to rent 4 sets to get that effect at $140 per set. Plus set up fee and tax. Crazy to spend 650-800 just for paper lanterns.
Just trying to get ideas to save $ to use for other things

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users