Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace- 2014


  • Please log in to reply
1012 replies to this topic

#131 shan0487

shan0487
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:30 AM

The mexican buffet and caribbean buffets are delicious- we had one for the rehersal dinner and one for the wedding!  The only balcony type terrace at Moon is the Caribbean terrace located on the grand side which you will be charged $6 (I think) per person to have your reception there because there is no elevator access.  Just a heads up! :)

Originally Posted by Jinele Fracasso 

Did anyone get to try they buffet food options when they went on their site visit !? I don't want to pic a buffet option without trying it first. Also, while your on the site visit do they let you pick the reception location ? I cant dedide where I want to do the reception, I'm hoping for a balcony type terrace 



#132 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
  • Jr. Member
  • 288 posts

    Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

    No, I was not offered to try the food so I don't think that is an option, unless you ask for? 

    Originally Posted by Jinele Fracasso 

    Did anyone get to try they buffet food options when they went on their site visit !? I don't want to pic a buffet option without trying it first. Also, while your on the site visit do they let you pick the reception location ? I cant dedide where I want to do the reception, I'm hoping for a balcony type terrace 



    #133 dzaccaria

    dzaccaria
    • Newbie
    • 148 posts

      Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

      Originally Posted by Jinele Fracasso 

      Did anyone get to try they buffet food options when they went on their site visit !? I don't want to pic a buffet option without trying it first. Also, while your on the site visit do they let you pick the reception location ? I cant dedide where I want to do the reception, I'm hoping for a balcony type terrace 

      The Italian buffet was SO good!! I literally ate a little bit of everything on my wedding night and loved it all! My guests enjoyed it as well! There is something on the menu for everyone!



      #134 Zavina

      Zavina
      • Newbie
      • 22 posts

        Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

        Is there anyone getting married at the MP from the week of June 8-15, 2014?



        #135 Britt

        Britt
        • Newbie
        • 97 posts

          Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

          Where would you guys suggest for a reception for 53 ppl. Not too big so we look silly but not to small that there is no room to mingle and dance! thanks!



          #136 MrsTobeD

          MrsTobeD
          • Jr. Member
          • 288 posts

            Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

            All of their wedding locations are humongous, but they make them cozzy for your party size. 

             

             

            Originally Posted by Britt 

            Where would you guys suggest for a reception for 53 ppl. Not too big so we look silly but not to small that there is no room to mingle and dance! thanks!



            #137 Britt

            Britt
            • Newbie
            • 97 posts

              Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

              Thanks, so hard to tell until you see it in person! That is what makes this forum so amazing and helpful!!

              Any one have any idea the rough dimensions of Tucan Terrace? I'm looking to maybe order some Papel Picado to string up instead of paper lanterns and just need a rough idea of how much i would need! 



              #138 jenvens7

              jenvens7
              • Newbie
              • 51 posts

                Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

                Originally Posted by Britt 

                Thanks, so hard to tell until you see it in person! That is what makes this forum so amazing and helpful!!

                Any one have any idea the rough dimensions of Tucan Terrace? I'm looking to maybe order some Papel Picado to string up instead of paper lanterns and just need a rough idea of how much i would need! 

                 

                Hey there! I am also getting hitched at MP on 7/7/14 and I am interested in putting up papel picado as well. My sister custom makes them on Etsy with names/dates and such. If you would like to look her up, her shop name is: calavera press. My other sister also makes awesome custom wedding stuff, her shop name is: vintage baby doll. Hook it up and let them know that Jenny referred you to them! 

                 

                I just e-mailed my WC (Daniela) to see how much the papel picado setup would be...so I'll update you as well.  (hopefully, that's not how I'll look when I get the amount - HAHA!)



                #139 Britt

                Britt
                • Newbie
                • 97 posts

                  Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

                  Thanks Jen! I will look them up! I had found a Mexican vendor that does them but I will have a look and compare prices! I was also curious of set up fees but haven't got around to asking yet so pls let me know what you hear! hopefully its not nuts, but I have heard depending on your WC the price may change!

                  Maybe you can answer another question I have regarding photography package A and what it includes. Like how long are they there and what shots do they take. Is it just the ceremony and then you add on to get group shots ect?



                  #140 soniec

                  soniec
                  • Newbie
                  • 4 posts

                    Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

                    Hi there,

                     

                    I am getting married at MP in April 2014 and doing a full Sikh ceremony as well. There are no outside vendor fees as long as those vendors are staying at the resort and they are "guests" of your wedding. but yes equipment rental is expensive, the DJ basic equipment rental looks like it is going to cost us $1100.






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users