Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ok so it actually seems like I am getting an ok deal. And that is a ridiculous price for a DJ! I am flying my friend down and he's staying for 1 week and DJing all of my events for that price!

I am doing the same, I was quoted i believe around $570. That was without a projector though. Which i do actually need . Seems about right. The DJ there was around $2000. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavina View Post

Ok so it actually seems like I am getting an ok deal. And that is a ridiculous price for a DJ! I am flying my friend down and he's staying for 1 week and DJing all of my events for that price!

 

Mine too, except they will charge you for the equipment for each event that your DJ chooses to DJ. Which can get super expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm going to leave the ceremony space the same an put my money toward the reception space. I think the complimentary ceremony is really beautiful the way it is. My only addition would be an isle runner but I don't think I'll do that. What are you planning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you asking about ceremony or reception?

 

Ceremony is pretty as is and reception is just dinning tables with white linens. No flowers or anything so depending of what you want yo might have to add some.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B View Post

For those of you doing the complimentary package, what are you doing to decorate your wedding space? Are you leaving it as is...?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B View Post

For those of you doing the complimentary package, what are you doing to decorate your wedding space? Are you leaving it as is...?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

 

I'm going to add my little touches to the ceremony, like parasols, fans and personalized maracas. Then we are going to take those over to the reception and incorporate them over there too. Since I'm DIY'ing a lot of the wedding decor. We are going to make personalized luminarias and use a flamless candle in them as the centerpcs (that'll be simple to setup and drag from Texas). Then have the favors laid out at each seat, so it'll add some pizzazz to them. We are also going to hang up personalized papel picado in the terrace as well, just because they'll be free since my family makes them! I think the beach is enough for decor. I'm not going to spend money on decor that I can't even take home with us. (I respect brides that have done it, but not only are the prices RIDICULOUS - the pics and memories are going to be about the people that were there with us...not if we used off-white or ivory for our napkins!)  :dizzy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt View Post

I think I'm going to leave the ceremony space the same an put my money toward the reception space. I think the complimentary ceremony is really beautiful the way it is. My only addition would be an isle runner but I don't think I'll do that. What are you planning?

You nkow I'm still trying to get an idea for how I would like things. I do agree the complimentary ceremony is beautiful. I think I might want to drape some fabric across the archway that will match the wedding colors (whatever those may be because i haven't chosen them yet) But I'm really trying to keep my costs very low. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTobeD View Post

Are you asking about ceremony or reception?

 

Ceremony is pretty as is and reception is just dinning tables with white linens. No flowers or anything so depending of what you want yo might have to add some

That sounds very nice. i thik I'd like to have some table decoration but I'm so indecisive. I think it's just nerves and fear getting the best of me. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenvens7 View Post
 

 

I'm going to add my little touches to the ceremony, like parasols, fans and personalized maracas. Then we are going to take those over to the reception and incorporate them over there too. Since I'm DIY'ing a lot of the wedding decor. We are going to make personalized luminarias and use a flamless candle in them as the centerpcs (that'll be simple to setup and drag from Texas). Then have the favors laid out at each seat, so it'll add some pizzazz to them. We are also going to hang up personalized papel picado in the terrace as well, just because they'll be free since my family makes them! I think the beach is enough for decor. I'm not going to spend money on decor that I can't even take home with us. (I respect brides that have done it, but not only are the prices RIDICULOUS - the pics and memories are going to be about the people that were there with us...not if we used off-white or ivory for our napkins!)  :dizzy:

That sounds beautiful. I love Papel picado!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenvens7 View Post
 

 

I'm going to add my little touches to the ceremony, like parasols, fans and personalized maracas. Then we are going to take those over to the reception and incorporate them over there too. Since I'm DIY'ing a lot of the wedding decor. We are going to make personalized luminarias and use a flamless candle in them as the centerpcs (that'll be simple to setup and drag from Texas). Then have the favors laid out at each seat, so it'll add some pizzazz to them. We are also going to hang up personalized papel picado in the terrace as well, just because they'll be free since my family makes them! I think the beach is enough for decor. I'm not going to spend money on decor that I can't even take home with us. (I respect brides that have done it, but not only are the prices RIDICULOUS - the pics and memories are going to be about the people that were there with us...not if we used off-white or ivory for our napkins!)  :dizzy:

 

What terrace are you planning on? and have you asked them how much to hang the papel picado or are you planning on doing it yourself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B View Post

For those of you doing the complimentary package, what are you doing to decorate your wedding space? Are you leaving it as is...?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

 

Oh yes for the ceremony ill add my maracas and fans which are my favours. The reception I will be adding lots I just haven't nailed it all down yet. I think whether you want to spend a lot or a little its going to look beautiful, you're on a beach in Mexico, how could it not be!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • We are Clandestine Events, Wedding Planner & Events Agency located in Barcelona, Spain, one of the most beautyful, modern and cool cities in the world. We can help you to organize your destination wedding in Barcelona, doesn't matter where you come, and whats the style of your wedding. The team of Clandestine Events can design and plan each point of the wedding with the best providers. If you want more infromation contact with us ==> Wedding Destination Barcelona. Cheers!
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
  • Topics

×