#7132 brownskingirl

brownskingirl
    • 131 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Tobago - Pigeon Point beach
    • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

Soliciting your opinions please...I have my dress fitting this Saturday and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my sash.  It full of beads and crystals and very similar to what is shown in the pics but the embellishment will wrap all the way around my body and I want it sewn directly onto the dress so it doesn't shift.  Up until last night, I assumed it would be sewn around the natural waist, but after seeing a recent pic of a mermaid dress with embellishment at the empire waist (Kenneth Pool Romantic), I'm wondering what will look best.   I played around a bit, but I'm torn...Help?!?!

lowert waist looks better!!

#7133 lianne

lianne
    • 134 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by brownskingirl 

lowert waist looks better!!

agreed!

#7134 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
      • 955 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

Okay, you Ladies have been so helpful and responsive that I need to ask a final alterations question beofre my appt tomorrow... I always wanted a sweet heart neckline, and it's the only characteristic of my wedding dress list of requirement that my dress doesn't meet. However, I love the scalloped lace edge detailing on my dresses original design and thought is was a nice trade-off.  I've been contemplating altering the neckline to a sweetheart and in a perfect world I would keep the scalloped detailing, but this is an unlikely option based on the feedback from my seamstress after send a pic.  So what to do...keep the neckline as is or sacrafice the scalloped lace and get a sweetheart?

#7135 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
        • 861 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

I love the scalloped lace. But then again maybe I'm biased as my dress has that too! Lol I am slightly worried about the lace detail remaining pressed and stiff (I guess that the word) I have larger breasts and it doesn't lay flat against my chest so I'm worried that would get floppy and look weird. If you have that issue as well then making it into a sweetheart obviously takes care of that concern

#7136 julienelson0713

julienelson0713
          • 201 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 6, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace
          • LocationEdmonton

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Okay, you Ladies have been so helpful and responsive that I need to ask a final alterations question beofre my appt tomorrow... I always wanted a sweet heart neckline, and it's the only characteristic of my wedding dress list of requirement that my dress doesn't meet. However, I love the scalloped lace edge detailing on my dresses original design and thought is was a nice trade-off.  I've been contemplating altering the neckline to a sweetheart and in a perfect world I would keep the scalloped detailing, but this is an unlikely option based on the feedback from my seamstress after send a pic.  So what to do...keep the neckline as is or sacrafice the scalloped lace and get a sweetheart?

They both look gorgeous...the way I decided was based on my body type! I have breasts that are on the smaller side, so I went with the sweetheart to give me a little sexiness haha! Both look great, but the added detail of the sweetheart on me made me feel sexier, and like I actually have curves lol! If you're larger in the bust and want to draw a bit of attention away or don't need to highlight them, I say go with the first option. :) LOVE the dress though...SO beautiful!!!! It will honestly look great either way

#7137 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
          • 955 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 
            I love the scalloped lace. But then again maybe I'm biased as my dress has that too! Lol

I am slightly worried about the lace detail remaining pressed and stiff (I guess that the word) I have larger breasts and it doesn't lay flat against my chest so I'm worried that would get floppy and look weird. If you have that issue as well then making it into a sweetheart obviously takes care of that concern

hmmm... I can't fill out my dress at the top (not well endowed) so I don't know if this is a problem for me, but it is something I recall worrying about when I had on the sample. It semed like the lace had a mind of it's own.  The scalloped lace extends so far beyond the edge of the dress in the front and back, and I don’t know if it has enough support to lay correctly or if proper sizing and steaming/pressing would make the difference. 

Originally Posted by julienelson0713 

They both look gorgeous...the way I decided was based on my body type! I have breasts that are on the smaller side, so I went with the sweetheart to give me a little sexiness haha! Both look great, but the added detail of the sweetheart on me made me feel sexier, and like I actually have curves lol! If you're larger in the bust and want to draw a bit of attention away or don't need to highlight them, I say go with the first option. :) LOVE the dress though...SO beautiful!!!! It will honestly look great either way

This is also why I originally wanted a sweetheart, I thought it would give me more shape up top and match my curves from the waist down. Thanks for your input.

#7138 niki2579

niki2579
            • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Love the first dress so pretty

#7139 JA2012

JA2012
              • 334 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

I love the sweetheart neckline. But go with your heart ...not my choice...I think I may have been the only one who voted for the empire waist. LOL!! I may be just thinking of what worked for my body type and not analyzing the whole picture. Maybe the seamstress can also help steer you in the proper direction. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out. 

#7140 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
                • 230 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Now Jade
                • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

I love the sweetheart neckline. But go with your heart ...not my choice...I think I may have been the only one who voted for the empire waist. LOL!! I may be just thinking of what worked for my body type and not analyzing the whole picture. Maybe the seamstress can also help steer you in the proper direction. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out. 

First of all, I loveee this dress!!!  Of course you find a dress that's missing the one requirement lol... I think the scalloped detailing in nice, but i think the sweetheart neckline adds a little bit more "oomph" :)  Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users