• 260 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

You are just glowing!!!!! gorgeous!!

#6552 uhura526

uhura526
    • 330 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

I am so elated I cannot contain myself. Dress regret is gone! Any ladies with dress regret- go try your dress on again. It really is a different experience than looking at a picture or seeing it on a hanger. Yesterday was my first fitting and we killed two birds with one stone by attending a veil and headpiece trunk show. I tried on my dress to make sure it fit (WOOOOW was it tight and HEAVY!...I have to lose about 5 pounds to be comfortable in it. It fits- but I can't sit comfortably in it). The sample wasn't heavy because it wasn't my correct size so it was just hanging but my actual dress- I think might weigh 10 pounds. I did not know it would be that heavy I will probably melt in July. That wasn't too well thought out but I guess you only have one wedding LOL For the veil and headpiece show, I put the sample on so I wouldn't ruin my dress. I went with a cathedral veil with a rhinestone trim. I got a separate headband so I can take the veil off for my reception.

Originally I wanted to wear chandelier earrings and a teardrop necklace, but because I have a lot going on- I will probably wear simple pearl drop earrings and no necklace at all. You cant tell, but my dress has some pearl accents on the straps and on the bottom. I also decided to forego these ultra blinged out shoes I wanted. I am going to go with a plain pair of shoes- besides NO ONE can see my shoes under this thing. I was walking around in tube socks in these pictures lol. Going to my fitting made me super amped about the wedding! All I need to do is add cups to the dress because I can't wear a bra since the back is cut slightly below the bra strap. 

what a beautiful gown! 

#6553 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
      • 955 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

EVK - This dress is without question one of my favorites on BDW and you looks stunning in it. Congrats!

#6554 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
        • 861 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

EVKnowsitall- you look amazing!!!!!! Love the veil choice with it! I can't imagine you losing 5lbs for it though you look tiny as it is in the pictures. But I guess for comfort you have to... Either way such a beautiful dress and I agree that the simple earrings and no necklace is the way to go for accessories. My dress is like yours with a lot going on and I don't want to look too busy so I'm also doing no necklace and pearl earrings but I am also doing a pear and rhinestone bracelet. I've also noticed that with about 85% of pictures with the dresses on the models that the models don't wear necklaces so I like that look lol

#6555 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
          • 593 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Thanks so much Katryne, Uhura, Choco and Dazey! I'm still on my high after trying it on. Dazey- I lost a lot of weight prior to becoming engaged because my doctor told me I was borderline obese. Thanks for the compliment! Lol I think the dress is a little tight because I tried it on back in April and I was so stressed out that I lost a little too much weight and that's how I was measured, so since then I've gained some back. No biggie. I'm not even worried about it becaus ethe holidays are upon us and there's no way I'm losing 5 pounds now lol But I agree. I absolutely adore your dress- you're a bride after my heart. I'm a little over the top but there are so many elements of our wedding that are toned down so I felt like-screw it I'm going all out on my dress. Ou church is all white with a grey marble floor and I don't plan on decorating it. I want it to be simple, and Our reception will be on the beach. I though the dress was lighter for travel though- but oh well lol I'm excited about taking some pics on the beach with my veil.
            Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#6556 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
            • 593 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Thanks so much Katryne, Uhura, Choco and Dazey! I'm still on my high after trying it on. Dazey- I lost a lot of weight prior to becoming engaged because my doctor told me I was borderline obese. Thanks for the compliment! Lol I think the dress is a little tight because I tried it on back in April and I was so stressed out that I lost a little too much weight and that's how I was measured, so since then I've gained some back. No biggie. I'm not even worried about it becaus ethe holidays are upon us and there's no way I'm losing 5 pounds now lol But I agree. I absolutely adore your dress- you're a bride after my heart. I'm a little over the top but there are so many elements of our wedding that are toned down so I felt like-screw it I'm going all out on my dress. Ou church is all white with a grey marble floor and I don't plan on decorating it. I want it to be simple, and Our reception will be on the beach. I though the dress was lighter for travel though- but oh well lol I'm excited about taking some pics on the beach with my veil.

#6557 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
              • 593 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

EVKnowsitall- you look amazing!!!!!! Love the veil choice with it! I can't imagine you losing 5lbs for it though you look tiny as it is in the pictures. But I guess for comfort you have to... Either way such a beautiful dress and I agree that the simple earrings and no necklace is the way to go for accessories. My dress is like yours with a lot going on and I don't want to look too busy so I'm also doing no necklace and pearl earrings but I am also doing a pear and rhinestone bracelet. I've also noticed that with about 85% of pictures with the dresses on the models that the models don't wear necklaces so I like that look lol

#6558 Zoe Nguyen

Zoe Nguyen
                • Site Supporter
                • 132 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

All the dresses are amazing, ladies!!!

#6559 kellykanester

kellykanester
                  • 236 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

532405_10151342893315960_1039299623_n.jpg

Here is my dress in action, So so so happy with it and very glad I went with my heart not a "destination" dress !

Happily married and now Mrs. West

#6560 Katryne

Katryne
                    • 260 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

KellyKanester, congratulations and what a beautiful beautiful bride you are!  Gorgeous dress!! Congrats again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users