Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#5601 KristieT

KristieT
  • 430 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by JessiTaylor 

Thanks so much! im standing on a box and its touching the floor, i think it was designed for a 6 foot + woman. i love the belts some people have posted, theyre very pretty!

I like the shorter veil!!

But depends what look you are going for. The second is more traditional- very beautiful. I just personally like the shorter one. Good luck! You cant make a wrong choice!

#5602 elissae

elissae
    • 631 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
    • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by LTLFAITHY 

Stunning! Stunning! Stunning! And I LOVE the belt. Random, but how tall are you?? I tried on a few belts with different dresses, but they just never looked right. I think it could be because I'm pretty short...............

Thank you soo sooo soo much!!!  I am 5'10...(Alice the Goon if I wear heals!  LOL)

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#5603 LTLFAITHY

LTLFAITHY
    • 180 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

Yeah, I think that explains it. I'm only 5'2" ~ so I feel like wearing a belt kind of chops me in half and makes me look even shorter!!!! 

~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!

#5604 murmel

murmel
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 1,407 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by SandRWedding 

Stephanie&Ryan-Barcelo Maya palace - LuckiePhotography-62.jpg

Here is my dress; Pronovias by Manuel Mota. Loved seeing all the beautiful dresses on here :)

LOVE the train on this dress! Beautiful! I had a Pronovias as well, and they truly are wonderful gowns. Congrats on your wedding!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#5605 lwynn3617

lwynn3617
      • 29 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

dress2.jpg

I purchased my dress.  Final fitting in August, getting married October 20th, 2012 in Riviera Maya, Mexico.  I didn't want strapless or Corset back.  After trying on about 20 dresses in the last few weeks and not finding anything I was in love with, I asked my sister to go shopping with me.  She begged me to try on this dress and I fell in love with it.  When I do my final fitting, I'll attach pictures of myself instead of the model.

#5606 lvietti

lvietti
        • 115 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

I did this as well with my brother who was on deployment in Afghanistan. I bought the picture frame wine charms at Micheal's and attached to my bouquet.

hey ladies - wanted to share a pic showing how one of my friends honored her husband's mom who had passed away shortly before the ceremony. I love this idea. she attached some type of photo charm to her (bride's) bouquet of red roses.

carrier mom pic.jpg

#5607 elissae

elissae
          • 631 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
          • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

I saw those wine picture frame charms at Michael's...maybe I will buy them instead of special ordering a bouquet charm.

Thanks for sharing. :-)

Originally Posted by lvietti 

I did this as well with my brother who was on deployment in Afghanistan. I bought the picture frame wine charms at Micheal's and attached to my bouquet. 163Kellogg20120330.jpg

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#5608 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
          • 261 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

My dress finally came in!! I picked it up on Sunday. It's a Vera Wang White from David's Bridal in Scarborough. 

IMG_4833.JPG

IMG_4835.JPG

I love love love the dress. I'm so glad I went the distance to try it on in the first place. My experience at David's Bridal was crappy though so I won't be going there for anything else. 

#5609 AllieH

AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

the dress is gorgeous!!!! focus on it, and take the rest of your business elsewhere. I did the same thing - hated the store where I bought the dress, and have been working with another shop who is doing my alterations. 

Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

My dress finally came in!! I picked it up on Sunday. It's a Vera Wang White from David's Bridal in Scarborough. 

IMG_4833.JPG

IMG_4835.JPG

I love love love the dress. I'm so glad I went the distance to try it on in the first place. My experience at David's Bridal was crappy though so I won't be going there for anything else. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#5610 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
            • 861 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

Looks gorgeous Cinnagirl!!! I'm also not a fan of the service at davids bridal but that dress is amazing on you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users