Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#5011 sgreen99

sgreen99
  • Site Supporter
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

I adore this dress on you. I love how it has the elegance of lacy top, but stil a fun floofy bottom (I went for the floofy bottom too, it just feel "Spanish-y" to me!  Glad your mind is at ease, you look stunning

Originally Posted by elissae 

OMG!  March 14th is right around the corner - I cannot wait to see this dress!!!!  

I found my dress the 2nd time out....nothing that I was looking for.  It's a Paloma Blanca #4115.  I recently started to doubt my choice until I saw some of the girls on here with similar dress styles who recently tied the knot which put my mind & heart at ease.  I will repost a picture.  

Dress 2.JPG

#5012 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
    • 221 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Here's my dress!!! My mom and aunt would not let me take any pictures of myself in it because they KNEW I would show everyone.  This picture does not do it ANY justice!  I cannot wait to wear it in August!  Being that my dress has been discontinued, it is very hard to find pics off it on the internet but I found one to share with you ladiesssss!

#5013 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
      • 221 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

For some reason I can't see my post.

Here's my dress!!! My mom and aunt would not let me take any pictures of myself in it because they KNEW I would show everyone.  This picture does not do it ANY justice!  I cannot wait to wear it in August!  Being that my dress has been discontinued, it is very hard to find pics off it on the internet but I found one to share with you ladiesssss!

#5014 kellykanester

kellykanester
        • 236 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

Oh really, I have become obsessed with that show, I would love to see my dress on there !!

Originally Posted by elissae 

I saw this dress on Say Yes to The Dress....love it - you look like a Princess!!!!  The bodice is spectacular!!!!

Happily married and now Mrs. West

#5015 Pucca

Pucca
          • 485 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by cnd29 

So... I posted a couple weeks ago I had decided to order this (which turned out to be a discontinued Maggie Sottero- Cassia):

C1.jpg

Then someone convinced me to go to try on some similar styles and make sure I liked it.  And I did like it, but just didn't give me that "this is it!" feeling.  So I figured while I'm there, let me try some different styles to see if there's anything I might like, and me, who swore I didn't want anything strapless, or anything "foofy", fell in LOVE with this:

dress front.JPGdress back.JPG

Like seriously, was dreaming about it all that night!  And they had it, off the rack, in my size and in ivory, which matches his linen suit PERFECTLY!  You can't help but think it was meant to be =)  The plan is to take in the top ever so slightly, shorten the length a bit (for sandals/barefoot in the sand), and shorten or just totally remove the train (it's partially tucked under in the photo).

I think it was totally meant to be. The dress is gorgeous!

#5016 Brenners

Brenners
            • 807 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

The structure of the dress also plays a large role in fit.  My gown did not lace up in the back but the boning and structure gave me a nice tight fit.  I am sure that you will feel tight but not too tight! 

Oh ya I also wanted to add that certain dresses just look better as buttons and others better as lace ups, especially ones with a fuller bottom, like a ballgown look better as lace ups.  More sleek clean lined dresses look better with buttons. I'm actually suprised at how many women on here prefer lace ups. I could only imagine how well they fit, I never tried one on so I dont know. I am hoping though that my dress creates that skin tight feel too.

#5017 ShellyCarter

ShellyCarter
              • 217 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

i love this dress on you!!

Originally Posted by kellykanester 

This is my favorite so far, this one is a couple sizes too small, but I have lost ten pounds already and still have 9 months to go. 

I am positive that this is the one, but I need moms approval !

IMG_7691.jpg

IMG_5371.jpg

IMG_7134.jpg

Married! xo

#5018 LPerry

LPerry
                • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

Same thing happened to me. I never guessed I'd ever wear anything strapless...and that's what I got too! I also swore I'd never buy my dress from David's Bridal....which I did as well. It just goes to show, you really don't know until you try different kinds of styles. I thought I wanted a flowy dress too...and when I put them on, it looked like a nightgown on me. I needed the structure. LOVE the new choice....congrats!

Originally Posted by cnd29 

So... I posted a couple weeks ago I had decided to order this (which turned out to be a discontinued Maggie Sottero- Cassia):

C1.jpg

Then someone convinced me to go to try on some similar styles and make sure I liked it.  And I did like it, but just didn't give me that "this is it!" feeling.  So I figured while I'm there, let me try some different styles to see if there's anything I might like, and me, who swore I didn't want anything strapless, or anything "foofy", fell in LOVE with this:

dress front.JPGdress back.JPG

Like seriously, was dreaming about it all that night!  And they had it, off the rack, in my size and in ivory, which matches his linen suit PERFECTLY!  You can't help but think it was meant to be =)  The plan is to take in the top ever so slightly, shorten the length a bit (for sandals/barefoot in the sand), and shorten or just totally remove the train (it's partially tucked under in the photo).

#5019 cnd29

cnd29
                  • 132 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

Same thing happened to me. I never guessed I'd ever wear anything strapless...and that's what I got too! I also swore I'd never buy my dress from David's Bridal....which I did as well. It just goes to show, you really don't know until you try different kinds of styles. I thought I wanted a flowy dress too...and when I put them on, it looked like a nightgown on me. I needed the structure. LOVE the new choice....congrats!

Thanks! You're exactly right! ;-)

#5020 destbride34

destbride34
                    • 50 posts
                    • Wedding Date:May 29, 2016
                    • Wedding Location:Not sure of the destination yet!
                    • LocationOhio

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:17 AM

Some stunning dresses Ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users