Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#3821 Brenners

Brenners
  • 807 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

Brides, FYI as Priscilla of Boston is closing their doors on all locations.  Great sales I am sure but if you have ordered a Priscilla of Boston gown, then I would recommend calling the store as they close on 12/31/11.  http://www.priscilla...n.com/index.jsp

#3822 jmastr05

jmastr05
    • 189 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

I love it, too! (Looks similar to my dress).

If the dress is indeed Priscilla of Boston and your cousin can't find it before they close, a dress maker could always replicate it. Bridal Bargains by Alan and Denise Fields (aka, my wedding planning bible) recommended hiring a fashion student to re-create a specific wedding dress look. It's great experience for the student, and will most likely cost less than buying the manufactured dress or having a professional dress maker re-create it.

Originally Posted by Brenners 

Looks like Priscilla of Boston.  Just read that they are closing shop 12/31/11 for good so if you can find a shop near you, then you may be able to get the sample for a pretty good price.

#3823 JessMarie

JessMarie
      • 26 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

I posted back in Feb when I found my dress, but it came in a month ago (Maggie Sottero, Caprice) so I thought I would share pics since it is in my size (and not all clipped up).  I love it!!

IMG_2852a.JPG            IMG_2855.JPG

#3824 AquaCait

AquaCait
        • 209 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:02 AM

THis looks amazing on you!!!  I tried it on because it made my short list, but it looks way better on you!!!!  fantastic!!!

Originally Posted by JessMarie 

I posted back in Feb when I found my dress, but it came in a month ago (Maggie Sottero, Caprice) so I thought I would share pics since it is in my size (and not all clipped up).  I love it!!

#3825 angi111111

angi111111
          • 108 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

THis looks amazing on you!!!  I tried it on because it made my short list, but it looks way better on you!!!!  fantastic!!!

Very pretty! Your hair style looks great to!!!

#3826 jmastr05

jmastr05
            • 189 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

You look HOT! Check out the hourglass figure! Your waist just looks so tiny. Great pick! (I realy loved the Maggie Sotteros).

#3827 JessMarie

JessMarie
              • 26 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:13 PM

Thanks all!  I had to SQUEEZE into my dress, so I am a little nervous about gaining weight in the next 6 months!  There is NO room to spare in it.  I guess if things get bad though I can always let it out a bit when I get alterations- hopefully it won't come to that though:)

... I need hemming and the long strap in the back needs shortening.  I also think I am going to change the neckline to a sweetheart (to look like Maggie's Billie dress- see below) ASM3387.jpg

#3828 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
                • 215 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:46 PM

You look fantastic in that dress!!  I think it would look so amazing with the sweatheart neckline!!

Thanks all!  I had to SQUEEZE into my dress, so I am a little nervous about gaining weight in the next 6 months!  There is NO room to spare in it.  I guess if things get bad though I can always let it out a bit when I get alterations- hopefully it won't come to that though:)

... I need hemming and the long strap in the back needs shortening.  I also think I am going to change the neckline to a sweetheart (to look like Maggie's Billie dress- see below) ASM3387.jpg

#3829 JessMarie

JessMarie
                  • 26 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

Thanks!  The two dresses ae almost identical but the Billie dress (sotero and midgley) is a heavy satin and a much fuller bottom.  But I LOVED the neckline compared to my own.  Hopefully alterations will get my dress exactly how I want it!

Originally Posted by Laurelyn 

You look fantastic in that dress!!  I think it would look so amazing with the sweatheart neckline!!

#3830 Labebita911

Labebita911
                    • 303 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

gorgeous... it hugs your figure in all the right places

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users