Photo

What is everyone doing for their first dance?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
  • 455 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

Hey Ladies married or to be married,

I was 'day dreaming' today about our first dance :)  And I was thinking all along we would have our first dance at our private reception like any wedding at home... and than day dreaming took me to another idea.  After we are pronounced married; I thought we could go right into our first dance song (Truely, madly, deeply by Savage Garden).  What do you all think of this, is it too much right after the ceremony?  Day dreaming actually brought me there, dancing with my love to OUR song right there on the beach. Gezz it gives me butterflies in my tummy thinking of it :) Anyways let me know what you did or are doing/what you think??? :) xo Kay

awww that sounds absolutely beautiful!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#12 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Your idea is great! That's different and very special.

I would love to get my FI to do salsa, but he's not a fan. So I gave him some homework one day, and told him to come up with songs that he likes for our first dance. His taste in music is VERY different from mine, so I was somewhat worried at first that we would never be able to choose one, but I under-estimated him. We're going with Thank You (For Loving Me) by Bon Jovi. When I hear that song sometimes, it makes me tear.. HAPPY tears, so I know it's the perfect song for our first dance.

#13 elissae

elissae
    • 631 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
    • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

Our first dance will be You & Me by Lifehouse.  It was a song on the radio when we first started dating...it's my ringtone for him (this past 8 years)....although I just listened to the lyrics to the Lady Antebellum song, "When You Got A Good Thing," TropicalBride10 mentioned....so beautiful.  I may just add it as a slow song during the reception....maybe dedicate it to him.  This is so exciting!

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#14 Dawn Grobe

Dawn Grobe
    • 24 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by TropicalBride10 

My fiancĀ© and I are caught between "These Foolish Things" by Michael Buble and "When You Got a Good Thing" by Lady Antebellum for our first dance but we'll probably end up dancing to both.

I like the Lady Antebellum song!!!!

#15 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
      • 438 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Our first Dance was "Lucky" Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat

#16 Cherina

Cherina
        • Banned
        • 636 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Either dontchange by Musiq Soulchild or Stay with You by John Legand

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#17 JSLM

JSLM
          • 170 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by futuremrswarner 

Your idea is great! That's different and very special.

I would love to get my FI to do salsa, but he's not a fan. So I gave him some homework one day, and told him to come up with songs that he likes for our first dance. His taste in music is VERY different from mine, so I was somewhat worried at first that we would never be able to choose one, but I under-estimated him. We're going with Thank You (For Loving Me) by Bon Jovi. When I hear that song sometimes, it makes me tear.. HAPPY tears, so I know it's the perfect song for our first dance.

I think I'm going to have my FI homework to do as well. We have similar tastes in music but when this discussion came up we had different ideas of what we wanted. So I think its a good idea.

#18 Dawn Grobe

Dawn Grobe
            • 24 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I like the Lady Antebellum song!!!!

The Mr. didn't like this Lady Antebellum song. Everything is perfect about it! Anyways... I think we've decided on History In The Making by Darius Rucker.

#19 tristanc

tristanc
              • 37 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

The FI and I have decided on La Vie En Rose by Edith Piaf. But we are having a friend record herself singing the song with French and English sections. We wanted a soloist and this is the best way we could think of having her sing without having her come to our DW:)

#20 SkyHighT100

SkyHighT100
                • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

The other half and I don't dance so we aren't doing a first dance, lol. We are having our reception at a waterfront marina/restaurant that has a live band every night so there was no need for us to get a DJ. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users