Photo

What is everyone doing for their first dance?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hey Ladies married or to be married,

I was 'day dreaming' today about our first dance :)  And I was thinking all along we would have our first dance at our private reception like any wedding at home... and than day dreaming took me to another idea.  After we are pronounced married; I thought we could go right into our first dance song (Truely, madly, deeply by Savage Garden).  What do you all think of this, is it too much right after the ceremony?  Day dreaming actually brought me there, dancing with my love to OUR song right there on the beach. Gezz it gives me butterflies in my tummy thinking of it :) Anyways let me know what you did or are doing/what you think??? :) xo Kay

#2 claire0701

claire0701
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

That sounds lovely Kay :)

#3 LAtravelgirl

LAtravelgirl
    • 163 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

I'm trying to picture how it would play out. Will you have bridesmaids and groomsmen, and if so, what will they do when you are dancing?

#4 Kay6356

Kay6356
      • 543 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
      • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

That's definitely something to think about for sure... Thank you :)

#5 alpwedding2013

alpwedding2013
      • 94 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Since we are getting married in Puerto Rico, we're going to do something traditional to the island, such as a salsa dance.  

#6 Loreal30

Loreal30
        • 234 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I really like the Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat song Lucky! it's cute!

#7 Krystal084

Krystal084
          • Site Supporter
          • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Crazy Girl by Eli Young Band.. Such a cute song

#8 TropicalBride10

TropicalBride10
            • 55 posts
            • Wedding Location:TBD
            • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

My fiancĀ© and I are caught between "These Foolish Things" by Michael Buble and "When You Got a Good Thing" by Lady Antebellum for our first dance but we'll probably end up dancing to both.

#9 Peach

Peach
            • 1,293 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

Hey Ladies married or to be married,

I was 'day dreaming' today about our first dance :)  And I was thinking all along we would have our first dance at our private reception like any wedding at home... and than day dreaming took me to another idea.  After we are pronounced married; I thought we could go right into our first dance song (Truely, madly, deeply by Savage Garden).  What do you all think of this, is it too much right after the ceremony?  Day dreaming actually brought me there, dancing with my love to OUR song right there on the beach. Gezz it gives me butterflies in my tummy thinking of it :) Anyways let me know what you did or are doing/what you think??? :) xo Kay

I was wishing for a traditional one, but our resort says they usually go right into first dance right after the ceremony too..., right on the sand.

So what I think will happen is we will have our ceremony, then our recessional ("We Go Together", from Grease, one of my fave movies - it was FI's idea) and then right into our dance back at the "start" of the aisle I guess? Our first dance FI also picked... He suggested keeping it light and fun (while I wanted to go more traditional, but he won that one) so we are having "Hey Soul Sister" by Train as our first dance.

I like your train of thought though... and why not break with tradition and do your dance right on the sand? DWs certainly do not follow traditions in other ways... may as well change this too!

I say, do whatever you want to do! If it gives "gives you butterflies in your tummy just thinking about it", I say go for it!

#10 csho

csho
              • 1,007 posts
              • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
              • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

I think it sounds great!!! My FI and I have been taking salsa lessons for the past year and still have another year until our wedding, so I think we are going to come up with a choreographed salsa dance and surprise everyone with it. Most people know we take salsa lessons, but no one other then my parents (who also salsa) have seen us perform, so I think it will be a wonderful surprise! I originally was thinking that we'd do it right after the ceremony (as we are going to get married in Cuba too), but I think I'll save it for after dinner because we'll probably have a recorded version and I want to have the Cuban Trio play during our ceremony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users