Photo

June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

• Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic

#211 kard613

kard613
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

yup just for pants.  We are gonna check out Macy's this weekend and see what we can find there but Studio Suits seems very reasonable! 

#212 lindseejill

lindseejill
    • 22 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

We looked into Studio Suits... but the shipping was going to be $80.00! Yikes! I actually ended up ordering linen shirts and khaki pants from Old Navy of all places for my dad and brothers... I took a risk thinking that if they were bad at least I could return them easily and have time to find new stuff. I was pleasantly surprised when I got them! They look expensive and the quality is great. I would definitely recommend them if you're going for a more casual look like we are.

#213 MK0386

MK0386
      • 199 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by lindseejill 

We looked into Studio Suits... but the shipping was going to be $80.00! Yikes! I actually ended up ordering linen shirts and khaki pants from Old Navy of all places for my dad and brothers... I took a risk thinking that if they were bad at least I could return them easily and have time to find new stuff. I was pleasantly surprised when I got them! They look expensive and the quality is great. I would definitely recommend them if you're going for a more casual look like we are.

Interesting! Thanks. I can't believe shipping was so expensive... that's nuts! Maybe we won't be doing Studio Suits afterall... or if we do maybe we will order everyone's suits at once and save everyone else the shipping. 

#214 Billandstina

Billandstina
        • 396 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Hi Ladies, I'm having a hard time with shoes!  My dress is ivory/champagne and the material is lace.  I can't find elegant wedges!  Any suggestions?  I don't mind flipflops as the party progresses but I would really like to walk down the aisle wearing heels (my walk will be on grass, sand, then concrete). Thanks!

I actually found some at DSW...my dress is the same as yours!

#215 Billandstina

Billandstina
          • 396 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Sadly, I feel like I have to agree. I feel like it's half an "honesty" issue and half a "secrecy" issue. There are so many times when there were options, choices, etc that I didn't even know existed until I read them on here. Instead of being up front with things I feel like I have to know what to ask which is really hard. I also feel the same as you- even when I ask a very specific question I don't always get an answer (or I get conflicting answers).  Oh well.. I have to say that all in all planning is very fun and I do feel like it will all come together in the end. There are so many brides that have said it does come together and it feels perfect. :) I really can't wait... June will be here before we know it!  Good luck with everything!

I agree with you...I get more info on this board than I do from our WC! Knowing what questions and options to ask for through here shouldn't be the way it is! They should be presenting me with options (and stay at the same price!) instead of the other way around! Lol

#216 MK0386

MK0386
            • 199 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

I agree with you...I get more info on this board than I do from our WC! Knowing what questions and options to ask for through here shouldn't be the way it is! They should be presenting me with options (and stay at the same price!) instead of the other way around! Lol

Oh my gosh that's exactly what I say all the time! I'm always saying "how hard can this be... They do like 200 weddings/ year it seems!! Just put together a packet of available options!"

#217 Avborges

Avborges
              • 121 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Billandstina 

I actually found some at DSW...my dress is the same as yours!

I will try DSW!

Who's your designer?  I'm so excited!

#218 Billandstina

Billandstina
                • 396 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

I don't know the designer...I'm the worst bride ever! Lol! I got it at David's Bridal and it's the cheaper version of a Vera Wang apparently...I just wanted to get the whole dress buying thing over with on the first shot! Lol

#219 Jessicalynne

Jessicalynne
                  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Natalie, I LOVE this look! It's perfect. We're doing white Perry Ellis pants and a teal linen shirt from Island Importers for the guys (long sleeve, then rolled up). The Perry Ellis pants are linen mixed with other fabrics, so it's not as wrinkly as linen, but it does have a breezy feel. 

MK - I agree with you girls, this board is my new addiction with the wedding planning b/c I get SO much useful information and ideas from you ladies. I love it.

Quick question - is anyone else worried about the heat factor? We're having our ceremony on the beach and at a venue that is open-air. I keep telling myself that the ocean breeze and night-time will cool it down, but just wondering what you guys think. I was at a wedding last August in Sarasota, FL and we were scorching hot, BUT...it was so much fun and beautiful, that no one seemed to mind the heat. I'm hoping that if it is hot...that that will be the case for our wedding :)

Four months!! SO exciting.

#220 Billandstina

Billandstina
                    • 396 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

I'm a little worried about the heat but I'm hoping for a breeze! At least everyone else can wear cool clothes! I just need to remember to hydrate with my big ol' dress! Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users