Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kellip17

June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

Recommended Posts

I can't believe I'm just a tiny bit over exactly one month away!!! We leave in a month and 5 days and I'm beginning to think I'm crazzzzy.... We closed on our house yesterday (YAYYYYY!!!!!) and starting moving in. Holy stress!! Haha. It's all soooo exciting bit it's a lot to do all at once! (And with a toddler no less!) My final payment is due Friday. What last minute things are you girls working on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

 

I can't believe I'm just a tiny bit over exactly one month away!!! We leave in a month and 5 days and I'm beginning to think I'm crazzzzy.... We closed on our house yesterday (YAYYYYY!!!!!) and starting moving in. Holy stress!! Haha. It's all soooo exciting bit it's a lot to do all at once! (And with a toddler no less!)

 

My final payment is due Friday. What last minute things are you girls working on?

Congrats on your closing!! Hope you get settled in soon! :)

 

I've completed just about everything! We leave in 28 days! I pick up my dress today & and my fiance's suit will be ready in 2 weeks. He leaves for his Bachelor party on Thursday and will be giving his 2 best men their suits then.. I pray they drop it off to get altered immediately! I've got all our wedding stuff in a pile ready to be put into a suit case! The only thing stressing me out right now is that we are STILL having people book! I am shocked that people are still booking so late in the game, how rude! So I gotta fix the seating charts and a few escort cards but other than that, I'm ready!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waaaaay far behind, trying to play catch up now. You ladies are moving along and I feel like I'm standing still. There are still a ton of DIY that I have left to do, trying to fit it in with a busier than normal work schedule. In the midst of it all, I have had to move. It was unexpected and I was unprepared. Makes for a very stressed girl. Oh well, it's helped with some weight loss, my first dress fitting is tomorrow and I'm extremely paranoid. I think it's going to look huge because the size they ordered made me think twice about ever eating again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kisha311 View Post

 

I'm waaaaay far behind, trying to play catch up now. You ladies are moving along and I feel like I'm standing still. There are still a ton of DIY that I have left to do, trying to fit it in with a busier than normal work schedule. In the midst of it all, I have had to move. It was unexpected and I was unprepared. Makes for a very stressed girl. Oh well, it's helped with some weight loss, my first dress fitting is tomorrow and I'm extremely paranoid. I think it's going to look huge because the size they ordered made me think twice about ever eating again.

I was stressed about the dress being big too! And it was! But the alterations lady just started pinning me up and within minutes (after the long awaited alterations appointment) it started looking amazing! Dont worry too much it will turn out great!

 

I feel like i am behind a little too. I still have to finish my welcome letters/itinerary for the OOT bags, finish my own bouquet, order a flower for my hair (which i just cant decide because i havent decided on how im wearing my hair ha!). I need to get a backless bra, have two more dress fittings, buy two new suitcases, finish following up on my etsy orders, make a photography want list, chose flowers (which i have been waiting for for over nine months now to hear anything on), finish the music for the reception, gather school supplies for the give back project we are doing in DR, quite a bit of other stuff as well but i will spare you all! And yesterday I just signed up for a PAWS fundraiser to run an 8k to raise money for homeless pets. I have never entered a race before and have only started running about three months ago and only about 3 miles 1-2 times a week, so now im trying to get myself in shape to finish that and Im dog sitting all weekend (so my poor kitty will be in hiding) and then next week have company all week. Shew. I better get moving today haha! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I have CFA coming up June 1st, so no wedding planning going on for me until then!  But I'm pretty wrapped up anyway.  One fun thing is that I came home yesterday and found a new pair of Christian Louboutins on my shoe rack from FI!  Said "just because" and he thought I might want to wear them to the rehearsal dinner.  What a great man I have!  (And not just because he has good taste in shoes, lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was stressed about the dress being big too! And it was! But the alterations lady just started pinning me up and within minutes (after the long awaited alterations appointment) it started looking amazing! Dont worry too much it will turn out great! I feel like i am behind a little too. I still have to finish my welcome letters/itinerary for the OOT bags, finish my own bouquet, order a flower for my hair (which i just cant decide because i havent decided on how im wearing my hair ha!). I need to get a backless bra, have two more dress fittings, buy two new suitcases, finish following up on my etsy orders, make a photography want list, chose flowers (which i have been waiting for for over nine months now to hear anything on), finish the music for the reception, gather school supplies for the give back project we are doing in DR, quite a bit of other stuff as well but i will spare you all! And yesterday I just signed up for a PAWS fundraiser to run an 8k to raise money for homeless pets. I have never entered a race before and have only started running about three months ago and only about 3 miles 1-2 times a week, so now im trying to get myself in shape to finish that and Im dog sitting all weekend (so my poor kitty will be in hiding) and then next week have company all week. Shew. I better get moving today haha! 
I feel like I'm in the same boat! I have most of the "projects" done but all the "list" stuff I still need to work on like you- photography want list, music, timelines, who's toasting, who's praying, etc... Ahh! Good luck with everything on your list and your 8K!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by agm04 View Post

 

Well I have CFA coming up June 1st, so no wedding planning going on for me until then!  But I'm pretty wrapped up anyway.  One fun thing is that I came home yesterday and found a new pair of Christian Louboutins on my shoe rack from FI!  Said "just because" and he thought I might want to wear them to the rehearsal dinner.  What a great man I have!  (And not just because he has good taste in shoes, lol)

My Fiance is also taking Level 3 on June 1st - which is when I'm having bachelorette party!  Best of luck to you!  I don't know how you can't even think about the wedding with this huge exam on the horizon!   Matt asks me for little projects so I'm not doing everything by myself and I just tell him to focus and pass on the exam!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Avborges View Post

 

My Fiance is also taking Level 3 on June 1st - which is when I'm having bachelorette party!  Best of luck to you!  I don't know how you can't even think about the wedding with this huge exam on the horizon!   Matt asks me for little projects so I'm not doing everything by myself and I just tell him to focus and pass on the exam!

You are a good fiancee for having that attitude!  Fortunately FI has already completed it so he totally understands what's involved, but I can imagine that it could be quite the strain on a relationship without an understanding partner!  I'm basically not thinking about the wedding!  And we're doing a little mini bachelorette that night too.  Test, gym, nap, party!  :)  Then I'll have one weekend to wrap things up, then I leave the following weekend for Grand Cayman!

 

Good luck to your FI!  I'm tackling level 3 too and will be so glad to have this monster (hopefully) finished!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies.. we are going through a bit of a dilemma... 

 

My travel agent mentioned way back when that if we get married in Mexico we wouldhave to get divorced in Mexico.. crazy to even mention that 4 weeks before our big day but it really stuck with us!  We don't even know if that's true..   I wanted to get married in the US and in Mexico - what are you guys doing?  A side of me wanted to have a legal wedding in Mexico so I don't feel I am cheating on our guests...  a side of me wants to get the proper sacrament in the church.. Can you guys tell me what your plans are?  Matt just thinks we should have a symbolic wedding there and then do the real thing here...  We can't find a good or bad reason for one or another...

 

xoxoxox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by agm04 View Post

 

You are a good fiancee for having that attitude!  Fortunately FI has already completed it so he totally understands what's involved, but I can imagine that it could be quite the strain on a relationship without an understanding partner!  I'm basically not thinking about the wedding!  And we're doing a little mini bachelorette that night too.  Test, gym, nap, party!  :)  Then I'll have one weekend to wrap things up, then I leave the following weekend for Grand Cayman!

 

Good luck to your FI!  I'm tackling level 3 too and will be so glad to have this monster (hopefully) finished!

Hopefully both of you will finally add the ", CPA" after your names!  

 

BTW, I love the Cayman Islands!   Stingray Bay is so cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
  • Topics

×