Dbell
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:47 PM

Don't you just love ebay!!!

#82 chicago88

chicago88
    • 699 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:37 PM

My dress with alterations was about $720 - not bad!!

Therese & Jay
      Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
      http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#83 mrsmark08

mrsmark08
      • 136 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:30 AM

When I first saw my dress back in July it was $1800. The salesgirl told me to wait until Sept or Oct as that was when the new season's dresses would be out and mine may go on sale. I'm glad I waited because when I went back, the price had gone down to $1500 and she told me if I paid for it in full they would take off an extra 10%, so it ended up being around $1500 after tax was included. This of course doesn't include alterations, hopefully that won't increase the cost too much.

#84 fogdog

fogdog
        • 170 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:29 AM

I got my dress at Nicole Miller during a sample sale, so it was 10% off $600. I loved almost every dress I tried on there and I think even the most expensive one was less than $2000.
          Bridget and Brian
          Los Cabos 11/17/07

#85 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
          • 815 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:01 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lizz
            I don't remember if I ever did. Here it is:

Click the image to open in full size.

This is one of the dresses I plan to try on. Do you love it? I haven't seen it in person yet and am worried that it might be too textured for me. I love the style of it though. It is in my top 5.

I don't plan on trying dresses on until Feb. Need to drop 5lbs before I feel up to it. Figure I should just wait until the holidays are over.
            http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
            Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
            Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#86 Karen13

Karen13
            • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:15 AM

I think you can spend anywhere from as little as a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars on a dress. It all depends on what is most important to you. I spent only a few hundred dollars on mine and I absolutely loved the dress (and knew it right when I saw it). I wanted to instead spend more money on the food and music.
              DesignOurDay Wedding Websites
              http://www.designourday.com

#87 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:24 PM

My dress was $550 but my godmother came with me when I tried it on and she bought the gown and veil for me.. it's a custom where my family comes from. One less thing I have to spend money on

#88 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:53 PM

My dress was actually on sale for $700 but should of been $1200. I voted for $601 to $1000.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#89 staceyandadam

staceyandadam
                  • 114 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

The retail of my dress is about $1200 and I got it for 50% off and paid $600 to take it from the store!!! Good luck!
                    **Stace**

#90 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,504 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:26 PM

My dress was over my budget of $500. I ended up spending about $850 for the dress, so it will be $1000 by the time it is altered. It is a Casablanca. My seamstress said those were her favorite gowns to work with because they are so well made, even better than some of the couture gowns!

I was able to save money elsewhere though. I bought my veil online for $60 instead of $160 at the boutique. I found my slip on e-bay for $35 instead of $110. My earrings were on clearance at Macy's for $4!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users