Photo

Wedding Dress Prices?

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#141 Carolyn

Carolyn
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:19 PM

Originally my dress was $1380 plus $450 for alterations with taxes a total of $1950.00. Then I started shopping around and found the same dress at another local bridal store not as reputable as the one I purchased my dress from but I still though it was worth a shot in calling Bridal salon (Botticelli in Bronxville NY ) to see if they were willing to meet me halfway and they did better then that. I ended up getting the dress and alteration and taxes for a total of $ 1550..

I wish I did more shopping before I just purchased but it all worked out in the long run.

#142 Kits55

Kits55
    • 607 posts
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:49 PM

i voted for the under $300 category b/c that's the one that i ultimately picked b/c it had everything i wanted but it just happened to be not very expensive. My very very very favorite dresses were all from a couture boutique between $4,650 and $7,000. That was the first place that i went to and nothing ever compares fit wise to a dress that is "couture". I'm not a couture person by any means but wanted a designer dress. In the end i chose to save a ton of money and go with a dress that i loved and cost much much less. My biggest expense will be my photographer and i told everyone i'm splurging on one so that's why i also wanted to save some money.

#143 ilovepunch

ilovepunch
    • 49 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:59 AM

I spent $750 for my dress. It retails at over $3500. That wasn't going to happen. I found it on craigslist from a bride who wanted to get a little money back. (She paid full price, ouch!!)

#144 EricaG

EricaG
      • 1,915 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:41 AM

My dress retail is about $1200 + alterations, and my daughter's FG dress goes for $200 + alterations. We ordered them off ebay and got them 2 weeks later, they were custom fit so no alterations needed and the total price including shipping was just under $300! All we has to do was get crinolines to go under the skirts and we added a few more beads, but it was actually really easy!
        http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
        My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#145 McCheng

McCheng
        • 25 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:57 AM

I bought a dress for $90 that is beautiful! Really. But then I found another for $250 that I loved and got that one too. Ha! So now I have two wedding dresses. The one for $250 is a bridesmaid dress I'm ordering in ivory. Many bridesmaid dresses can be ordered in white or ivory and the are much, much cheaper than wedding dresses. Since the ceremony is outside, I didn't want a train so a simpler BM dress works great. Also, in case something happens to one dress (torn, stained, etc) I have a back up. My dress budge was $400 and I'm very happy to have 2 and be under budget! But my FI can't believe I bought 2.

#146 CayoLargo

CayoLargo
          • 177 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

Well I voted $1000 - $2000 range...I originally budgeted for $500 but when I started to try on dressed at that price where I was it was not working out so I said bring me dresses under $1000.00 and I ended up paying with taxes and alterations $1200 so that is not so bad...

I did find this website that was really cool...and really cheap...check it out

Used wedding dresses. New, sample & used designer gowns. Buy & sell

It has wedding dressed that are brand new and some that have been used but you can get name brand dresses for a lot less!

My dress... MaggieSottero.com - Brittanya Lynette - Dress Detail
            Engaged: December 25, 2007
            Married: February 4, 2009
            Wedding Destination: Cuba
            Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo
            http://www.mywedding...rheannasweddinghttp://www.pictage.com/625373

#147 AnneW

AnneW
            • 127 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:16 PM

I voted for the $1000-$2000. My dress was about $1,400 with altertions & "custom" design (I'm having it changed to a sweetheart neckline). I love my dress & can't wait to wear it!

Here it is: Style #8536 Allure Bridals

#148 Patrice

Patrice
              • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:02 AM

For those of you who have not gotten your dress yet, and are looking for a good price and dont mind buying online...i ran accross this site...you might want to check it out...Has anyone purcheded from them before?

Wedding Dresses, Bridesmaid Gowns and Accessories from PeriDress

#149 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
                • 382 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:12 PM

I just went dress shopping the other day and tried on dresses without looking at prices. I wanted something simple, very simple. The dress I feel in love with have no glitter, jewels or bling of any sort. I LOVE it. When I finally looked at the price, it $300. WOW! That is a record in my opinion my best friends who just recently got married (not destination weddings) spent between 1200-1500.

#150 Mystic

Mystic
                  • 254 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

I voted for the $600-$1000 range, but maybe I should have voted for the $1000-2000. I actually told myself that I'd spend $1200 tops. My dress was $800 but I had some custom work added to the bottom hem so it was $1000. With alterations, I will be around the max end of my budget.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users