Photo

Wedding Dress Prices?

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#131 Chantal85

Chantal85
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

I had prepared my Fi by telling him I would spend no more than $1500. I bought mine for $1092 which included having the dress ordered for my own hollow to hem length. The rest of it fits like a glove so I don't intend on doing any alterations.

Because I'm under the budgeted price I believe I deserve a new pair of Manolos....

#132 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Chantal85
      I had prepared my Fi by telling him I would spend no more than $1500. I bought mine for $1092 which included having the dress ordered for my own hollow to hem length. The rest of it fits like a glove so I don't intend on doing any alterations.

Because I'm under the budgeted price I believe I deserve a new pair of Manolos....
      I like the way you think!

My dress was $918 before tax. I also ordered an A-Line Slip for $39 (-10% discount), and got a veil for free. The grand total (tax here = 8.25%) was $1,031.74

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#133 misohapi

misohapi
      • 92 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:52 AM

I actually just got my dress for $100! I really lucked out! It fits me perfect except for the length (i'm 5'4 and it probably fits a 5"7 person) and I plan to either flip flop it or go barefoot. But it's all good, I'm not planning to alter it since it's just the two of us and I'll only be wearing it for 30 min. Yay!!!
        Vickie and Ricky
        Sept. 23, 2008
        Couples Negril

#134 cancunbride

cancunbride
        • 531 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:24 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Chantal85

OMg you are soo funny, that is exactly what I did. I went under my budget also, so now i get to buy my new Christian Louboutin shoes..hahah I agree.

#135 monicaswave

monicaswave
          • 450 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

What I want to know is where did everyone that found their dress for under $1000 find their dresses. I had originally set a budget of under $1000 but every single shop I went to for the exception of David's Bridal had dresses on average from $1000 to $5000. I even had a lady at one shop ask me what my budget was and I told her under $1500 and she laughed at me and told me I would be lucky to find anything under $2000.

I found my dress for $1200 and I thought I had done pretty good comparing the prices I was seeing at shops. Where do you find dresses for under $1000 other than ebay or consignment?

#136 Chantal85

Chantal85
            • 224 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:21 AM

Hmm...weird. I went to 15 different shops in 3 provinces (I'm Canadian) and most of the bridal shops had tons of dress for $1500 or less...and these were Maggie Sottero, Sophia Tolli, and Pronovias dresses.

#137 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
              • 687 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:57 AM

Monica, what city have you been shopping in?
                Photography by Tamm's Photos
                http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#138 monicaswave

monicaswave
                • 450 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be
                  Monica, what city have you been shopping in?
                  The only city I shopped in was Houston and that's strange because I don't really consider Houston an expensive city.

#139 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
                  • 397 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

well, i went a bit untraditional and didn't even step foot in a bridal store for my dress (or the bmaids' dresses!).

i got a bcbg short dress for $311 and no alterations needed! bcbg is amazingggg...!

#140 Kelly C

Kelly C
                    • 2,051 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

I actually got mine online. It was $299 before taxes. I got it yesterday and I think it beautiful. Needs alittle alteration. But no big deal. Its a Maggie knock off.
                      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users