Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflop.tee View Post
One of my friends got married 3 years ago in Puerto Vallarta and she got a bridesmaid dress in white so I opted to do the same much much cheaper!!! I got a Jim Hjelm Occassions dress for $309.....a steal!

Bridesmaid, Junior, Flower Girl, and Maternity gowns by Jim Hjelm Occasions - Bridesmaid Style jh5819 by JLM Couture, Inc.

LOVE the dress! I Love Jim Hjelm dresses! Great Steal!

Hey Ladies

I know there are tons of posts about dresses, but I couldn't find one on prices of dresses?? How much are you guys spending on your dress?? I found some nice ones but they are like $900.00-$1,500.00 Canadian YIKES. I don't mind spending that much if I could at least sell it after?? Would love to know how much you guys are spending so I know I am not crazy here.

Thanks

I am having my dress made for me. Im super tiny (double zero) so it was sooo hard for me to find a dress. Even the smallest dresses couldnt be altered properly to fit me. I was really limited as to the types of dresses I could get. Sooo, to have one made, its costing $4200! Don't feel so bad about spending 1000!

heather,

i was soo lucky my dream dress was in the sale in the 2nd bridal shop i went to and it was only £300.i could,nt believe it.i was willin the spend up to £600 for the right one.how many shops have you been to?how many dresses have you tried on?

I went in thinking I could find something simple for less than $1,000... let me just tell you that you shouldn't try anything on OVER your budget. I didn't check the price of the dress I ended up buying until AFTER I fell in love with it... oh well :)

I am trying to decide between 2 dresses, 1 that is $990 and one that is $1799, lol! I plan on doing TTD so I did not want to spend as much but then of course at the bridal shop they tell you "you only get to wear a dress like this once" LOL!!!! If you go to Kleinfeld's or Vera Wang in Manhattan they have dresses as much as $15000 so it really depends on how much you want to spend, you could even get it at the David's Bridal $99 sale it is really up to you!