Photo

cake tasting

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 claudiabenitez

claudiabenitez
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:50 PM

Hey everybody can I get the contact info for jennifer hatton? I cannot seem to find it on the web. Thanks!!!
    Ohh and another question, some people told me is better to get mini cakes for everybody but I always wanted a picture cutting my wedding cake. What you think??

#12 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
    • 684 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:07 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Smelikai
      Has anyone ever had to pay for a cake tasting? I'm staring to get really annoyed. My WC said that the cake vendor wants me to pick three cakes, fillings, and frosting flavors to sample. And then I have to pay $15 for a minimum of three cakes to sample. I really think this is BULLSHIT! How am I supposed to know what flavors to sample. Isn't that what the tasting is for? I always thought they would have a bunch of different cakes, fillings, and icings to choose from. That we could mix and match and taste everything. Or have I been watching too many wedding shows? I'm really getting sick of people trying to nickel and dime us. For a 50 person cake they already want $400. Why should we give them a penny more? I'm sorry that I'm venting, but nothing seems to be going right lately. I'm even considering firing our WC. That's a whole other thread.
      I'm thinking of having my wedding at the FA, can i ask what cake vendor this is? I'm planning on going soon for a site visit and would love a heads up as to where not to go...

#13 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:21 PM

Here's Jennifer's email: chefhatton@hotmail.com

and here's her website:

Page 1

#14 addisonreed1113

addisonreed1113
      • 93 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:45 AM

Cake tasting fees are normal but the fee is supposed to go towards the cake (like a deposit).
        There are three things that last: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
        - I Corinthians 13:13

#15 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:09 AM

That's nuts! What if you pay the tasting fee, don't like the cakes, and decide not to use them...they can't apply it toward your cake so your out $$ on a small piece of bad cake that should have been free!

Don't let them sucker you. I swear some vendors hear wedding and take advantage...pretty sick!! I agree you should look somewhere else. If other people aren't charging to taste then that says something, you know? Good luck!

#16 claudiabenitez

claudiabenitez
          • 77 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ana
            Here's Jennifer's email: chefhatton@hotmail.com

and here's her website:

Page 1
            Thanks Ana, you're great!

#17 claudiabenitez

claudiabenitez
            • 77 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

Oh my god!! I love the photos of Jennifer's cakes!! I totally want the sea-theme one! Chocolate!! One question, is she the one charging for cake tasting?

#18 Nene

Nene
              • 86 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:26 AM

I just went to Jen's House for a cake tasting. Her cakes are AMAZING and she is such a nice person. Do not eat breakfast!!! She does charge a flat fee of $25-it is worth it for a great sugary start to the day...

#19 angitalia23

angitalia23
                • 1,029 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:42 AM

I just had a cake tasting for my bridal shower cake....we were not charged and OH MY GOD did I EAT! He gave me a variety of 6 different cakes and like 12 different fillings. But I dont think I would pay for a cake tasting, it doesnt say much for the baker, you would think they would want to highlight their great work not charge for it before youve even tasted it!

I can see this...that makes sense

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by addisonreed1113
                  Cake tasting fees are normal but the fee is supposed to go towards the cake (like a deposit).
                  I can see this...that makes sense

I forgot to mention, Jennifer Hatton is doing my cake for the wedding & so far she has been great! Her communication and suggestions have been helpful!
                  Anthony & Angela
                  19 June 2008

#20 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,047 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                  • LocationToronto

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:25 PM

I'm using Deena Abadiano for my cake, and doing a cake test in the summer. Here is her website! Sweet Dreams Special Occasion Cakes, Los Cabos, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users