Photo

Striving for 150!!!

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#171 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

Thanks! I gave the girls 5 options from the same designer- First we tried on different designers and they settled on a designer they liked who carried the color I was looking for- this color is a pain in the ass to find. Then, I selected 5 styles from the site that I liked. I told them I was ok with each of them choosing a different dress as long as it was one of the 5- because I knew all 5 were the same fabric and color so it would be consistent. When all was said and done- all 5 of my BM's chose the same dress so thank goodness it worked out haha.

The designer is Bari Jay- his dresses are a little pricey. Originally I chose some Alfred Angelo dresses I liked, dresses from a store called Camille La Vie, Bill Levkoff, and David's Bridal. None of my girls fancied any of the other designs. Even though this was the most expensive they picked it- but hey- that's on them lol

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#172 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
    • 593 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by uhura526 

my colors are based on the Dessy color palate and also my favorite colored orchids.  Basically it comes down to being purple and orange :)   Dessy calls them "persian plum" and "tangerine

"

Beautiful and bold. I love orchids! Are you going to wear some in your hair or decorate with them?

#173 uhura526

uhura526
      • 330 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

Beautiful and bold. I love orchids! Are you going to wear some in your hair or decorate with them?

yes orchids will be everywhere in my wedding. My favorite flower! Expensive but hey I'm only getting married once.  They'll be in bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, our cake, etc.

#174 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
        • 593 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by uhura526 

yes orchids will be everywhere in my wedding. My favorite flower! Expensive but hey I'm only getting married once.  They'll be in bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, our cake, etc.

I don't know what flowers to use. I like Hydrangeas but I'm told they wither easily in the sun. I myself am having a jewelry bouquet instead of fresh flowers. I am collecting pins from all my female family members to make the bouquet. But I do want flowers in the centerpieces. There are these blue/ purple orchids that are really pretty. Just don't know if the resort will have them.

#175 MelB2012

MelB2012
          • 182 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

I don't know what flowers to use. I like Hydrangeas but I'm told they wither easily in the sun. I myself am having a jewelry bouquet instead of fresh flowers. I am collecting pins from all my female family members to make the bouquet. But I do want flowers in the centerpieces. There are these blue/ purple orchids that are really pretty. Just don't know if the resort will have them.

I based my colours off of the Blue/Purple orchid. Where are you getting married? You may have already mentioned it....

I'm getting married in Jamaica, and they definitely have the Blue/Purple Orchid there.

#176 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

hey guys, let's take this conversation out of the newbie forum and to the chit chat section...i started a new thread for your guys: Shoutbox 2012

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#177 iberostarbride

iberostarbride
            • 153 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

I wish I would of started posting to this right away when starting to plan in just read a lot of posts now crunch time and I want templates 12 days away

#178 britter08

britter08
              • 50 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 12, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
              • LocationCanada

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

Me too
              Me too

#179 kmk2016

kmk2016
              • Moderators
              • 1,468 posts
              • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
              • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
              • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Hahaha- I hate that I'm only at 10 posts and feel like it will be forever before I get full access!!!

#180 FutureMrsSam

FutureMrsSam
              • 176 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 12, 2016

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

You'll get there :) Just keeping posting :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users