Photo

Any Brides Getting honeymooning seperately from DW location?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 Ryves

Ryves
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Well we will be spending 7days with family and then honeymoon ALONE!

#12 LCB803

LCB803
    • 89 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 

Hi Ladies,

How many are getting married on one resort, villa, island etc and honeymooning on another?  I am thinking of maybe going to stay at another resort after the wedding but wondering if it is worth the hassle traveling while supposed to be on honeymoon.

We're honeymooning separately from the wedding. Since it's a DW, we figure we will drag the fun out for a couple months :)

The wedding is in Mexico in May. We will spend about a week there for the DW, and then do a 12-day honeymoon a month or so later. We're going to the Maldives via Dubai on the way there, and via Paris on the way back, and all using Hilton points and Delta frequent flier miles! (Except for a $600 RT tickets from Dubai to Maldives).  We both travel a lot for work, and will have been saving points for almost two years by the time the honeymoon comes around. We know we're lucky-- we could never afford this (or any) honeymoon without points, at least not with the wedding budget what it is.

#13 jordanb

jordanb
      • 185 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

We're honeymooning separately from the wedding. Since it's a DW, we figure we will drag the fun out for a couple months :) The wedding is in Mexico in May. We will spend about a week there for the DW, and then do a 12-day honeymoon a month or so later. We're going to the Maldives via Dubai on the way there, and via Paris on the way back, and all using Hilton points and Delta frequent flier miles! (Except for a $600 RT tickets from Dubai to Maldives).  We both travel a lot for work, and will have been saving points for almost two years by the time the honeymoon comes around. We know we're lucky-- we could never afford this (or any) honeymoon without points, at least not with the wedding budget what it is.

We are doing something similar- hanging with the family/friends in Mexico for a few days after the wedding, then doing a separate honeymoon down the road. We will be away for the wedding for 9 days, so figured we'd enjoy that, but save a solo trip to look forward to a few months later! I'm afraid if I went on a real honeymoon after the week+ away from work, right after Christmas no less, I'd be too stressed by the end to enjoy it!

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#14 DestinationGirl

DestinationGirl
        • 166 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

My and FI and I are getting married in May in Punta Cana where we will spend the week with family and friends. We come back home and have an AHR 2 weeks later. Then we will start planning our honeymoon - to take place in September/October for about 2 weeks. It will give us something to plan and look forward to - especially since I hear that once the wedding is over a lot of brides get depressed since they have nothing left to plan.

#15 MsKenyaF

MsKenyaF
          • 159 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

I am! We're getting married in July in Cabo and having our honeymoon in September in Turkey!

#16 jburress21

jburress21
            • 187 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

We are getting married in Turks and Caicos and honeymoon is a couple months later in bora bora. For Our wedding there are going to be lots of friends and family. Most who have never traveled before and we travel all the time so we would like to spend the most time possible with them. :D

#17 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
              • 599 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

Well, one way I pitched the DW to FI is that we could save money by having the wedding and the honeymoon in the same general location. However, there is an organizational conference being held in Malaysia next summer that I am dying to go to. It won't be a honeymoon exactly, but I'm hoping that we can also fit that in as well!

#18 ucfjennifer

ucfjennifer
                • 185 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 26, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Cozumel, MX
                • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

We are having a separate honeymoon about 6 months later.

#19 MelB2012

MelB2012
                • 182 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

We're spending the whole week with family at our resort in Jamaica, flying back to Canada with them, handing off our extras, and then flying out the next day to Mexico for our honeymoon. We literally will only be in Canada for about 12 hours. :) The times all worked out great, just go to a hotel, sleep, and then off we go. AA-MAZING.

#20 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
                  • 1,088 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Well, one way I pitched the DW to FI is that we could save money by having the wedding and the honeymoon in the same general location. However, there is an organizational conference being held in Malaysia next summer that I am dying to go to. It won't be a honeymoon exactly, but I'm hoping that we can also fit that in as well!

Good pitch. Lol. Well it's worth a try im sure FH will go for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users