Jump to content
tyrebride2b2013

Any Brides Getting honeymooning seperately from DW location?

Recommended Posts

Hi Ladies,

 

How many are getting married on one resort, villa, island etc and honeymooning on another?  I am thinking of maybe going to stay at another resort after the wedding but wondering if it is worth the hassle traveling while supposed to be on honeymoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are planning to be gone for two weeks! We are staying at the wedding site resort for the first week and changing resorts for the second week! The honeymoon location is about 20 min away from the first one! Mix it up mid trip! And be alone......😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jenna1511 View Post

 

We are planning to be gone for two weeks! We are staying at the wedding site resort for the first week and changing resorts for the second week! The honeymoon location is about 20 min away from the first one! Mix it up mid trip! And be alone......😉

 

that sounds nice a whole week of vacation alone..technically first vacation as man and wife..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read these posts of all these brides that want to honeymoon at the same location that all the guests are staying at, I think they're CRAZY.  lol.  But...to each his/her own..I guess for them its super important to spend time with their loved ones who they probably haven't seen in a long time (I still think they're crazy, lol).  Anyway, we are staying at our wedding resort for only 1 more night after our wedding.  We arrive Tuesday, get married on Friday, and leave on Sunday morning to another resort on the same island but 2 hours away.  At that point, I'll have had enough of everyone, had a chance to spend a few days with them all, and will need to decompress from all the wedding craziness in a new surrounding.  I think that's something every bride and groom deserve!

 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by maridr2012 View Post

 

I read these posts of all these brides that want to honeymoon at the same location that all the guests are staying at, I think they're CRAZY.  lol.  But...to each his/her own..I guess for them its super important to spend time with their loved ones who they probably haven't seen in a long time (I still think they're crazy, lol).  Anyway, we are staying at our wedding resort for only 1 more night after our wedding.  We arrive Tuesday, get married on Friday, and leave on Sunday morning to another resort on the same island but 2 hours away.  At that point, I'll have had enough of everyone, had a chance to spend a few days with them all, and will need to decompress from all the wedding craziness in a new surrounding.  I think that's something every bride and groom deserve!

 

Good luck!

 

lol.that's my issue not to sure that I want to be around family after wedding for the entire honeymoon.  I mean love my family and friends but it's supposed to be my honeymoon not a family vacation.  I think I am going  to see how long all the guests book before I decide.  FI is one of those people though who wants to be around family and friends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 View Post

 

 

lol.that's my issue not to sure that I want to be around family after wedding for the entire honeymoon.  I mean love my family and friends but it's supposed to be my honeymoon not a family vacation.  I think I am going  to see how long all the guests book before I decide.  FI is one of those people though who wants to be around family and friends

Ha!  Mine is too!  My FI is APPALLED that I don't want to spend the entire week and then some with his fam n our friends.  I had to negotiate with him on it.  But, ultimately it came down to this:  he travels so much, average 2 wks each month.  I kinda sugar talked him by explaining we never get to spend quality time just by ourselves, and this will be the only opportunity before we have kids (umm like next year) when we'll be able to enjoy each other's company by ourselves in a beautiful location as husband and wife.  He got it, understood and relented.  Good luck with your plans : )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by maridr2012 View Post

 

Ha!  Mine is too!  My FI is APPALLED that I don't want to spend the entire week and then some with his fam n our friends.  I had to negotiate with him on it.  But, ultimately it came down to this:  he travels so much, average 2 wks each month.  I kinda sugar talked him by explaining we never get to spend quality time just by ourselves, and this will be the only opportunity before we have kids (umm like next year) when we'll be able to enjoy each other's company by ourselves in a beautiful location as husband and wife.  He got it, understood and relented.  Good luck with your plans : )

hahaahhah!! So I see both of our FI's feel the same way.  I am going to have to sugar talk him into the same.  We already have children and they are actually leaving 2days after the wedding and traveling back with family so he should really understand the fact that we need to have our honeymoon alone.  I mean how is it that we are getting a children break and being stuck with family and friends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×