Dyeable Shoes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ncainey

• 159 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

I kind of think it would be fun to have bright, fuschia shoes like the color of my BM's sashes. I bought some shoes by Coloriffics that are white and dyeable. Does anyone know how to do this?

Here is a pic of my shoes.

#2 brecluse

• 196 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:50 PM

Hey, I'm thinking of doing the same thing for my AHR shoes. I think you have to take them to a shoe repair place or store that does dyeing, like maybe a bridal place that sells shoes.
      TTD :: Tortola, BVI

#3 tob1kanobe

• 216 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:54 AM

I just had mine done - they are fabulous and kinda an orange-y coral. I love that I have bright shoes under my pristine white dress. Super fabulous. Just know - cuz I didnt - the dyeable shoes will leak color if they get wet. Just a heads up.. :)
        Bryan (DH) is Napolean Dynamite and his friend is a keg.

#4 DallasAshli

• 451 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:18 PM

I want to bring this thread back to life with a question....

Who has used dyeable shoes and what was your experience? I've heard the color leaks...badly? Is it gone with a good scrubbing?

#5 milejilo

• 313 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:23 PM

hmmm, that's a good question... and does it rub off onto your dress. i was thinking of dyeing shoes in an aqua color, but now i'm not so sure, if i have to worry about the dye leaking.

here are the shoes i was thinking of dyeing:

#6 DallasAshli

• 451 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:34 PM

There has to be someone who has used dyeable shoes - even as a BM?

#7 Erica053009

• 513 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

you need a swatch of the color you want the shoe to be and bring it to anywhere that sells dyeable shoes and they should be able to do it for you I am sure for a small charge because you did not buy the shoes by them.

sounds like such and fun and personal idea

#8 Erica053009

• 513 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

I forgot... usually they only bleed onto your feet when they get sweaty I have never seen them get on a dress ...i would tell where ever you get them done you will be having a beach wedding and they may do less dye do to humidity and def DO NOT pack them near anything unless the are covered in a paper bag and then plastic (plastic on the shoe will cause the dye to come off)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users