Jump to content

Photo

November 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
506 replies to this topic

#41 jolene028

jolene028
  • Member
  • 588 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by MelB2012 

I think I'm going to make a brochure, but only for my OOT bags... Because I'm only expecting/inviting 20-ish couples... I can stay in contact with anything vital by email...

 

My wedding is at the end of the trip, so all the wedding details will be in the brochure in the OOT bags I'll be giving during my "welcome dinner" on Day 2. :)

Awesome, do you already have the welcome dinner planned? I think that I am going to try to get this organized as well....  I have to wait until the flight schedule is finalized because I have people from Calgary, Winnipeg and Toronto coming so I have to wait until I know for sure when everyone will be there! Then thats where I don't know what to do... I don't pick the ceremony location until I get there, so maybe I can plan the dinner for the second day so that I will have all the information to give to my guests, I dont think that I want to do a second brochure!



#42 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • Jr. Member
  • 450 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by jolene028 

I had to pass on STD I couldnt justify sedning out STD and then a month or so later sending out invitations, I had all the information so I went for it... they went out exactly 1 year before our wedding, maybe a little early but one less thing on my to do list, my mom thought that I was crazy and that it was too early, but I wanted it done and have people ready! What are you doing for STD'd?

 

I was going to order my SaveTheDates off of Vistaprint.  We have about 45 invites to send out.  I am not going to send them to my parents or sisters, and will hand deliver to my FI's family which I hope will save us some money.  I'm still not completely sold on it, but my mom seems to think it's a great idea.  We'll see.

 

I will have to be on the lookout for the jewel weights you guys are talking about.  Any quick ideas on where to get them?

 

TealMarie:  When are you flying down for your wedding?  We will be the 16th :)



#43 britter08

britter08
  • Newbie
  • 50 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hey

I am not doing OOT bags anymore because we have over 45 people going and I think that will add up fast... so I am going to do Luggage Tags and a pre-travel brochure, and also room key card holders! I have ordered the lanyards for the key holders and I have the luggage tags but other than that, I think that there is still so much time that I havent done anything else. I have my dress it will be here in April and still have to make up my mind on shoes and a veil... I want to go barefoot but I might need shoes for everything else, I want a flower and not sure if I should do that and a veil, and my dress has a lot of bling so I dont think I will need jewellery, and I still can't chose Bridesmaids dresses! LOL too much time to have to make a choice. I did make a couple pairs of Barefoot sandals and it was pretty easy so I may do a pair for all the females travelling with us, but I am not pressuring myself! britter08, where in Calgary do you live? This is awesome weather that we are having isnt it! Have you ladies started any projects?

I am in the NE Coventry area. And you?

#44 jolene028

jolene028
  • Member
  • 588 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

I work up there by the airport, but I live in Fairview SE Im sad that it is supposed to snow tonight we dont have any on our front lawn

#45 TealMarie

TealMarie
  • Jr. Member
  • 254 posts

    Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

    Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

     

    I was going to order my SaveTheDates off of Vistaprint.  We have about 45 invites to send out.  I am not going to send them to my parents or sisters, and will hand deliver to my FI's family which I hope will save us some money.  I'm still not completely sold on it, but my mom seems to think it's a great idea.  We'll see.

     

    I will have to be on the lookout for the jewel weights you guys are talking about.  Any quick ideas on where to get them?

     

    TealMarie:  When are you flying down for your wedding?  We will be the 16th :)

    Dina - We're flying down on the 17th! Ahhh just thinking about it makes me so happy! Probably also because I tried on dresses for the first time yesterday and today - it was so fun! We considered having it at Now Sapphire as well.  

     

    I have no idea where to buy the weights, sorry but I'd look into ebay or etsy. Otherwise if you are okay spending more I'd just ask a bridal store.

     

    I also have people flying from all over - Van, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and Toronto so I have to wait for flight schedules to figure out the welcome dinner.

     

    I think my next project will be painting the OOT bags - Fun!!



    #46 Scarma

    Scarma
    • Jr. Member
    • 175 posts

      Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

      Hello fellow brides. Im new on here but would love to join the conversation as I am getting married November 22, 2013 at the Iberostar Maya. I am having a Mayan Ceremony and hiring dancers. We have not all confirmed (I dislike when people cannot RSVP on time) but invited 44 knowing it might be a little over 20. 

      I am looking for Linen pants for the guys and fabulous Pamela told me about a website but i am hoping to find them a bit cheaper. 

      Also looking for a photographer, but we are on a strict budget. 

      I love the weights idea for the veil, im not sure why i never heard of that now i might consider one!! 

      Any responses would be helpful!! Happy Wedding everyone!! 



      #47 shan0487

      shan0487
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

      Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

      I bought my groomsmen's linen pants from Old Navy for like $20 and they were perfect!

       

      Congrats and good luck!

      Originally Posted by Scarma 

      Hello fellow brides. Im new on here but would love to join the conversation as I am getting married November 22, 2013 at the Iberostar Maya. I am having a Mayan Ceremony and hiring dancers. We have not all confirmed (I dislike when people cannot RSVP on time) but invited 44 knowing it might be a little over 20. 

      I am looking for Linen pants for the guys and fabulous Pamela told me about a website but i am hoping to find them a bit cheaper. 

      Also looking for a photographer, but we are on a strict budget. 

      I love the weights idea for the veil, im not sure why i never heard of that now i might consider one!! 

      Any responses would be helpful!! Happy Wedding everyone!! 



      #48 jolene028

      jolene028
      • Member
      • 588 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

      Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

      There is a website that I have heard a lot about, studiosuits.com they are cheaply priced and from all the reviews that I have read apperently they are really good quality. I think that my FI is going to order from there, the only thing is that you have to take your own measurements which he is a little newvous about so we will see, we were going to look around the city first and see what we can find and then go there if we dont find anything here that works!

       

      I actually never thought about weights for the viel that is a really good idea, I think that I will look around, I guess if all else fails you could sew little washers onto it it may work.



      #49 Scarma

      Scarma
      • Jr. Member
      • 175 posts

        Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

        Originally Posted by shan0487 

        I bought my groomsmen's linen pants from Old Navy for like $20 and they were perfect!

         

        Congrats and good luck!

        Im guessing they are only in at specific seasons? I haven't found any there. But i will keep looking thanks!!! 



        #50 Scarma

        Scarma
        • Jr. Member
        • 175 posts

          Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

          Originally Posted by jolene028 

          There is a website that I have heard a lot about, studiosuits.com they are cheaply priced and from all the reviews that I have read apperently they are really good quality. I think that my FI is going to order from there, the only thing is that you have to take your own measurements which he is a little newvous about so we will see, we were going to look around the city first and see what we can find and then go there if we dont find anything here that works!

           

          I actually never thought about weights for the viel that is a really good idea, I think that I will look around, I guess if all else fails you could sew little washers onto it it may work.

          Keep me informed what you come up with and i will as well!!!






          0 user(s) are reading this topic

          0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users