November 2013 Brides

2bmrstremblay

Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

I actually am lucky my uncle that will be travelling with us is a photographer, so I am using the resort photographer becasue they are included in our package for 2 hours and then we get to pick what photos we want if any, and then my uncle will get the stuff they arent there for... getting ready, reception that sort of stuff and then I will see if he will do a TTD for us as well! Thank goodness because I think it is the most important part, and I dont have that kind of money LOL

You are very lucky!! ya I didn't choose a destination wedding because of it being cheaper more because i HATE planning but wow its its blowing through our budget more than i figured it would!! So wherever you can cut down costs you are very lucky!! I have my hair and make up in my wedding party so i save there, plus one BM's aunt is a very well known seamstress!! 

Thank you All!! you have made it less stressful! 

I also went dress shopping with my girls this weekend and boy i have learned alot. You really need to shop around. I feel in love with my dress and to some $1500 is no that bad but I do! Also when the dress was discontinued in 09! I went online and us Canadians still have a downfall of finding a great dress like the Americans. Yes i could get it shipped but I might as well buy it for $1500. Anyways I'm glad I didnt just on it because i went home and on buy and sell there was the exact one for 400. Which i got her down to $360. Look i know some people think its bad joojoo ot buy a second hand but i look at it this way, the dress at the store has how many naked girls fitting in it?? At least this one was one and she is still happily married. 

I did two days about 3 weeks apart, and I found my dress on the first day, but my mom wanted me to walk away and try on more, so we went out a second time and all day we both kept thinking about the dress from the first day, so we went back, and they had sold the sample, but I still bought it I didnt cry like they do on Say Yes to the Dress but I still knew that it was my dress! If you are happy and feel good in it, then it doesnt matter how much it was or if someone else wore it first it is that you LOVE it!

It's good to point out that you don't have to buy a new dress from a bridal shop. You can save a lot by sourcing one out online that's preowned. I don't think there's anything wrong with that and any superstitions attached to it. The dress I ended up going with is very new and is not available preowned as of yet.

I did four appointments spread out over 4 days. I didn't want to feel overwhelmed each day but I wanted to remember how I felt in each dress since I have the memory of a goldfish and they don't allow you to take photos. After the third appointment I was just going to settle (I realize now that I was settling) for one at the first shop because everyone said it looked amazing on me. Out of all the ones I'd tried on it was the best but I wasn't really into buying it and I attributed that to me never getting emotionally attached to things, so I thought it was okay. I kept my last appointment and it was there I found a dress that I ended up buying. Once I had it on, I thought, "Dang, I look good!" I turned again and again in it and like it more and more. I didn't want to take it off so I decided to go with it. There were no fireworks going off, no crying or big Ah-haa moments and visualizations of me walking down the aisle but I felt beautiful in it, comfortable and I felt it suited me. And I'm so happy I found it because I really love it!

Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

I did two days about 3 weeks apart, and I found my dress on the first day, but my mom wanted me to walk away and try on more, so we went out a second time and all day we both kept thinking about the dress from the first day, so we went back, and they had sold the sample, but I still bought it I didnt cry like they do on Say Yes to the Dress but I still knew that it was my dress! If you are happy and feel good in it, then it doesnt matter how much it was or if someone else wore it first it is that you LOVE it!

That is sad and I'm sorry that happened. I forgot to mention I had the dress still on hold until the next day "Just in Case" cause your right when you find the dress there should be no exceptions. BUT I was very surprised how much the upsale was at this store. 

Originally Posted by TealMarie View Post

It's good to point out that you don't have to buy a new dress from a bridal shop. You can save a lot by sourcing one out online that's preowned. I don't think there's anything wrong with that and any superstitions attached to it. The dress I ended up going with is very new and is not available preowned as of yet.

I did four appointments spread out over 4 days. I didn't want to feel overwhelmed each day but I wanted to remember how I felt in each dress since I have the memory of a goldfish and they don't allow you to take photos. After the third appointment I was just going to settle (I realize now that I was settling) for one at the first shop because everyone said it looked amazing on me. Out of all the ones I'd tried on it was the best but I wasn't really into buying it and I attributed that to me never getting emotionally attached to things, so I thought it was okay. I kept my last appointment and it was there I found a dress that I ended up buying. Once I had it on, I thought, "Dang, I look good!" I turned again and again in it and like it more and more. I didn't want to take it off so I decided to go with it. There were no fireworks going off, no crying or big Ah-haa moments and visualizations of me walking down the aisle but I felt beautiful in it, comfortable and I felt it suited me. And I'm so happy I found it because I really love it!

That is all that matter is that you loved it!! you have any pictures??!!