Photo

Who gets flowers at the ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

Thank you so much ladies for you helpful advice =)

This is one topic I didn't put much thought into, but seems I need to now haha!

#12 alyssaw

alyssaw
    • Huddler
    • 53 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

We gave flowers to the bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, ring bearers, fathers, mothers, and grandparents.  I don't think it's necessary to extend it to others as the price will definitely add up! But it's your big day and I think anything you choose will be great :)  

#13 mizpriya

mizpriya
      • 268 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

We aren't really going all out with the flowers! I'd hate to spend all that money for something that will only be held for not even an hour and then chucked away once the party begins.

I chose to go a different route and get myself a faux flower bouquet and get all my girls a little clutch that has a big flower in place of the bridesmaid bouquets. My fiance and his groomsmen don't even want it so that was easy enough!

Honestly...do your thing and whats unique to you... you are already doing the "non-traditional" thing by having a destination wedding...so why do you have to splurge for flowers for every single person- sometimes it's most of the people who will be attending already!!! Might as well do something small and special for them instead of flowers.... just my thoughts.

#14 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
        • 338 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

Thanks so much for all your input, ladies! This really helped me when discussing with my FI. We are going with bridal party, parents, and godparents. If we go to aunts & uncles, it will be a TON extra. =)

#15 LTLFAITHY

LTLFAITHY
          • 180 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

The bridesmaids and myself will have bouquets, and beyond nobody is wearing/getting flowers. My FI and the groomsmen are going to be in white button up shirts, and we decided that we didn't love the way a boutineer looked without a suit/tux jacket. My mom is definitely not the corsage type, so we just said screw it, lets save the $$. 

~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!

#16 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
            • 338 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

That's one thing I'm wondering about- I just sent in the contract for flowers and we have all the guys getting bout's, but we're leaning towards them just wearing button-downs as well.... Maybe I'll have my FI do a test with a cheapy flower I buy and see how it looks w/ a button down. 

Originally Posted by LTLFAITHY 

The bridesmaids and myself will have bouquets, and beyond nobody is wearing/getting flowers. My FI and the groomsmen are going to be in white button up shirts, and we decided that we didn't love the way a boutineer looked without a suit/tux jacket. My mom is definitely not the corsage type, so we just said screw it, lets save the $$. 

#17 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

I'm not a flower person so we kept it simple.  I had a bouquet, my bridesmaid had a bouquet and my husband and groomsman had small boutineers.  We didnt bother with flowers for anyone else.

#18 2bmrstremblay

2bmrstremblay
              • 155 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by JayKay 

I'm not a flower person so we kept it simple.  I had a bouquet, my bridesmaid had a bouquet and my husband and groomsman had small boutineers.  We didnt bother with flowers for anyone else.

I think this is what we are going to go for as well. I might even go with a fake bouquet because you can't bring real flowers onto the ship...

I might just do a nice flower in the bridesmaids hair and the flower girl. 

#19 maridr2012

maridr2012
                • 251 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:43 AM

Hmmm I guess I'm going the very traditional route.  I'll have a bouquet and my FI will have a boutonniere -our package includes this.  My 4 bridesmaids will each have a smaller bouquet of roses - I chose the least expensive bouquet option but they still look great and compliment my bouquet. His 7 groomsmen (yes...7..I'm still not thrilled about that lol, but it's his guys and he wanted them), both our dads, and the ringbearer will all be wearing boutonnieres.  And, both our moms will be wearing corsages.

We're not having anyone do readings or anything like that, so that will be it as far as flowers go.  If we were having a traditional wedding at home, it'd probably be alot different - more bridesmaids, flowergirl, relative doing readings, etc. and the costs would very quickly add up!

#20 cheflady

cheflady
                  • 153 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

just the wedding party and parents, immediate family

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users