Photo

For all the DIY-challenged brides...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
  • 812 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:22 PM

Which I am definitely one of! So I recently found a store called "paper source" while I was wandering the streets of Boston (being unemployed is starting to get to me!). I was a little hesitant because the store window looked pricey, but when I went inside and said I wanted to make my own wedding invitations they were super nice to me.

Anyway, long story short, this store has all these great paper products for brides who want to make their own invitations but need a little help. They had paper products in all types of shapes, colors, sizes, and designs. Plus the store was filled with people just waiting to walk you through the process! I was all types of excited, because I am so freakin DIY-challenged that I resigned myself to spending a ton on invitations even though I have all this free time to make them. PLUS (my favorite part) they have little tutorials on their websites. It's literally this little lady walking you through how to make your own invitation. LOVE IT!

Here is a link to how to make a "petal" invitation. You can check out other types too :)
    petal invitation - Paper Source

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:55 PM

I LOVE that site!!! There are so many things on there I want!

#3 annkaley

annkaley
      • 82 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:28 PM

I have done all of my paper products with stuff from that store and they all turned out super cute...STDs, Invites, RSVPs, Seating Cards, Welcome Letters, etc. They are so helpful, even if you want to go into the store once a week for help. (which I did!)

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:32 PM

That is really cool! Thanks for passing it along :o)

#5 LadyP

LadyP
          • 3,156 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:19 PM

great stuff thanx

#6 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:59 PM

oh I have seen that store before, I agree I thought it looked expensive. I will have to check it out.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

Thanks! I am definitely DIY-challenged...lol!

#8 mikandtet

mikandtet
              • 67 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

what a great site! thanks for sharing!
                ~*~The best revenge is living your life well~*~

#9 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,921 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Can'tHardlyWait
                  Which I am definitely one of! So I recently found a store called "paper source" while I was wandering the streets of Boston (being unemployed is starting to get to me!). I was a little hesitant because the store window looked pricey, but when I went inside and said I wanted to make my own wedding invitations they were super nice to me.

Anyway, long story short, this store has all these great paper products for brides who want to make their own invitations but need a little help. They had paper products in all types of shapes, colors, sizes, and designs. Plus the store was filled with people just waiting to walk you through the process! I was all types of excited, because I am so freakin DIY-challenged that I resigned myself to spending a ton on invitations even though I have all this free time to make them. PLUS (my favorite part) they have little tutorials on their websites. It's literally this little lady walking you through how to make your own invitation. LOVE IT!

Here is a link to how to make a "petal" invitation. You can check out other types too :)
                  petal invitation - Paper Source
                  very cool! I made mine at Paper Source too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users