• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#121 DP1andDP2

DP1andDP2
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

AppleMark

AppleMark

These are DIY invitations we did. We used a Groupon for Vistaprint for the printing and a good friend is a crafter and she and I did the "seal" which is a laminated sheet (the material sequins are made of)  embossed with an African batik pattern and hand painted. Each one is different as you can see. The cards are stacked under the invitation. Cheers.

#122 DP1andDP2

DP1andDP2
    • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

I FINALLY got my invitations! I am satisfied with the way they turned out. Yes- everyone does the Passport thing or the boarding pass thing so they aren't unique, but they are unique in terms of any wedding amongst our group of friends and family. We are the first to host a destination wedding, so we thought they'd be fun. My fiance loves them and he works in the art industry so he is picky. I feel like they are missing something but then again, I am over the top. I was thinking of adding a rhinestone to the front cover on one of the feathers, or adding  metallic chords to the binding. What do you ladies think? Leave well enough alone, or add my little touch? Mom bought a Swarovski hot gun that affixes crystals to anything so it would be subtle and easy to do but I am worried about messing them up. 

Very cool. They are so creative. Beautiful!!!

#123 Dvhtu

Dvhtu
      • 153 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

So many great ideas! Thank you for sharing ladies!!

#124 agm04

agm04
        • 548 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by DP1andDP2 

AppleMark

AppleMark

These are DIY invitations we did. We used a Groupon for Vistaprint for the printing and a good friend is a crafter and she and I did the "seal" which is a laminated sheet (the material sequins are made of)  embossed with an African batik pattern and hand painted. Each one is different as you can see. The cards are stacked under the invitation. Cheers.

These are so pretty!  Very unique.  Love them.

#125 misslaura11

misslaura11
          • 49 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Wow ladies! These are amazing! I'm a newbie and have so many ideas in my head but you have definitely set the bar! Well done! 😊

#126 lgerry

lgerry
            • 349 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Here's our invites! They are DIY/vistaprint with paper and envelopes ordered through

#127 Peach

Peach
            • 1,293 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

Very nice! What part was Vistaprint?

Originally Posted by lgerry 

Here's our invites! They are DIY/vistaprint with paper and envelopes ordered through

#128 lgerry

lgerry
              • 349 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

The travel inserts, invites, return mailing labels, RSVP's and the QR code cards were all ordered from Vistaprint. I used a floral template design for the invites and the RSVP's, and I added my own wording, etc. The travel inserts were just the beach background and we added the wording. And the QR code cards were blank biz cards. :) 

#129 SamIAm85

SamIAm85
              • 30 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

I really like your invitations!  What a unique idea!  Great job!

Originally Posted by DP1andDP2 

AppleMark

AppleMark

#130 jambride2013

jambride2013
                • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

These are really beautiful already but I don't think you could go wrong if you added a crystal between the peacocks maybe...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users