Photo

Marrying in Las Vegas, packing up and moving to the US w/my son and three Chihuahuas!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 pawfectchis

pawfectchis
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:22 AM

I just joined this forum. My fiance and I were looking a wedding date in Las Vegas on 08.08.08. We are having to move up the wedding date in a big way. I am Canadian, he is American. We have been living apart for just over two years now. I decided enough is enough, one of us has to make the plung and move to the others Country. I thought I could just leave here go move to Utah to be with him until our wedding date. (08.08.0 I am told I can not just go and live with him, frustrating to say the least. I would have no status there in America, couldn't show up at the border with my Uhal of effects and drive into the US. I wouldn't be able to get a bank acct, my son wouldn't be able to attend school, most importantly we wouldn't have medical/dental. So long story short, we are planning on getting married in Dec 07/Jan 08 to make this alot easier. Crazy stuff, to marry someone you have never lived with. I know that is what they did in the good old days but you don't see that to offen these days. It will be just a small wedding him, myself, my son and the three Chihuahuas if they will behave. No honeymoon, no friends just us at the Valley of the Fire outdoors wedding. I love the pictures they are wonderful. Looking forward to starting this new chapter in my life that will bring joy, challenges and new adventures.

#2 Sharonie

Sharonie
    • 557 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:25 AM

to the forum! Good luck with the planning and the move. Hope that everything works out for you and your family!!!

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:28 AM

wow that is an adventure. I'm sure it will work out, welcome to the forum and let us know if you have any questions.

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:29 AM

wow - exciting story! i know we have another girl on here (Raeka) who moved from Canada to be with her US FI as well - and she had some struggles. let us know if we can help!

#5 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

welcome, please let us know how we can help.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
          • 716 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

Welcome and good luck with your plans!

#7 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:48 PM

Wow! Congrats to the forum.. hope your move will be smooth sailing for you :)

#8 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:49 PM

to the forum! Sounds exciting!!! Let us know how we can help!

#9 Clussy75

Clussy75
                • 533 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:05 PM

Wow. You gotta do what you gotta do to make it work! Welcome to the forum and good luck to you with the planning. I'm sure you'll find tons of great ideas to work off of for the Vegas wedding!
                  Claudia & Sean
                  11/11/07

#10 PaulaV

PaulaV
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,813 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:46 PM

Sounds like a good move :)

Congrats and let us know how we can help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users