Photo

Island Wedding 2008

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 skatusha

skatusha
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:58 AM

Hello, Everyone! I am very excited to be here. I got engaged less than two weeks ago and already trying to decide on location to celebrate our union. I just came back from Aruba last week and I loved it; however, I didn't not see even hotel I would get married in. So, since we are considering summer/fall, the choices of islands are very limited due to hurricanes. I researched Barbados and it looks very good to me and I am very interested to hear if there are any Barbados' brides.

I am imagining a small/mid size all-inclusive hotel with beautiful grounds where we are going to have symbolic ceremony. The sunset cruse with cocktails and appetizers for a couple of hours. Reception into the night.

Too much to do and to much plan but I will have my dream wedding

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:00 AM

Congrats on the engagement and welcome to the forum!!

#3 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:04 AM

to the forum! It sounds like you have a great idea of what you want. Let us know how we can help!

#4 skatusha

skatusha
        • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for your warm welcome. I have read some of the threads here and they gave me a lot of good ideas. Right now I am wondering what should I pick first date or location? Should I ask my closest family and friends about the date before I decide? What were your criteria for the location?

#5 PaulaV

PaulaV
          • VIP Member
          • 2,813 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:14 AM

Welcome!

Happy planning!

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:20 AM

well the date and location really go together - i'd have a general timeframe in mind, then find your location and see what exact dates in that timeframe they have available. unless you have a date that you absolutley want (but doesn't sound like that's the case!), you could call a few places to see if they're available on that date.

oh, welcome to the forum!

#7 skatusha

skatusha
              • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:22 PM

I would like to have it over long weekend, so I guess Labor Day will be perfect. I will start calling hotels on Monday to see if they can give me estimate for accomodations. What is the average cost per couple for your wedding? We are planning on paying for accomodations for most of the guests. I am hoping for $ 400-500/couple for 2 nights.

#8 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
                • 716 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:42 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Good luck with your planning.

#9 Chiquita

Chiquita
                  • 2,674 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:51 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

#10 Clussy75

Clussy75
                    • 533 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:02 PM

Congratulations on your fresh engagement and welcome to the forum! So many destinations to pick from, it's just a matter of narrowing down what exactly you're looking for for your group and some factors that could play into location specifics. Good luck!
                      Claudia & Sean
                      11/11/07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users