Jump to content

Photo

May 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#241 allieplask

allieplask
  • Jr. Member
  • 177 posts

    Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

    Yes, airfare isn't available until 330 days before hand..  I've even called the airlines directly about it.. If Cinnagirl is from Canada maybe it's different there vs. the US?  Also, maybe airlines work differently too?  The majority of our guests are flying out of NYC airports - probably Newark and JFK and Philly.

     

    Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 


    Just curious as to how you have packaged rates including airfare if rates for airfare aren't even published yet?

    wedding website: www.allienick.com


    #242 allieplask

    allieplask
    • Jr. Member
    • 177 posts

      Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

      We are staying the week of our wedding in Jamaica at the resort we are getting married at.  Since we own a business we can't take off much more time.  We have decided we are going to plan a honeymoon for a few months after the wedding.  We have been looking at other resorts/islands but right now it looks like we are leaning towards a Mediterranean cruise or skiing in Switzerland (which we would have to wait for the winter months for)...

       

      If you're wedding is in Mexico, you could always fly to another island or even do a cruise from Mexico?  Something different since you'll already be at a beachfront resort?

      Originally Posted by QuintanaV 

      Also wondering what everyone was thinking about doing as a honeymoon? We are planning on staying another 5-6 days after our guests leave, but not sure where to stay or go. We want a change of scenery after our guests leave.


      wedding website: www.allienick.com


      #243 ChocoTaco7568

      ChocoTaco7568
      • Member
      • 955 posts

        Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

        Originally Posted by allieplask 

        Yes, airfare isn't available until 330 days before hand..  I've even called the airlines directly about it.. If Cinnagirl is from Canada maybe it's different there vs. the US?  Also, maybe airlines work differently too?  The majority of our guests are flying out of NYC airports - probably Newark and JFK and Philly.

         

        Just as I thought, and I think your right regarding Canada.  Canadina flight availability seems to vary in comparison to the US. My guests are flying from PHL, BIL, PDX, SEA and BWI (predominantly east and west coast). Just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing anything,



        #244 JennyBenz

        JennyBenz
        • Jr. Member
        • 338 posts

          Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

          Hi Mandy! It depends on how many guests you plan on having. For most resorts, there's a limit on how many people you can make a reservation for at their restaurants. If it exceeds the max, you will have to do a private event. For us, we're expecting 100 guests, so we have to do private event. For private events, you pay per person & pick menu you wish to have.

          Check with your resort or WC =)

          Originally Posted by texasmandy 

          Hi!  We are planning a May 18, 2013 at Dreams Tulum.  I see that many people are having welcome receptions/dinners.  How are you doing that at an all-inclusive?  Are you making reservations at one of the restaurants or going through the WC?



          #245 JennyBenz

          JennyBenz
          • Jr. Member
          • 338 posts

            Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

            Also- just realized, we're date twins!! May 18th is super popular on here, like Choco mentioned

            Congrats on booking your date!!

            Hi!  We are planning a May 18, 2013 at Dreams Tulum.  I see that many people are having welcome receptions/dinners.  How are you doing that at an all-inclusive?  Are you making reservations at one of the restaurants or going through the WC?



            #246 JennyBenz

            JennyBenz
            • Jr. Member
            • 338 posts

              Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

              Hey girl! We decided to stay at the same resort a week after our wedding. Most of our guests will be there the week before & leave after the wedding, so we'll get some time for just us.

              I wanted to go to another destination, or even another country- But we realized how much work it would be to pack/unpack and do it again and have to bring all of our wedding stuff around with us. I'm sure some family & friends can bring our extra things back home, but it would just be more planning! No need to worry about losing important things in the midst of traveling!

              Originally Posted by QuintanaV 

              Also wondering what everyone was thinking about doing as a honeymoon? We are planning on staying another 5-6 days after our guests leave, but not sure where to stay or go. We want a change of scenery after our guests leave.



              #247 QuintanaV

              QuintanaV
              • Newbie
              • 76 posts

                Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

                Very true. Taking all our wedding stuff would definitely not be fun! We are staying at a villa with our guests and having our wedding at a beach club. After our guests leave, we really didn't want to pay for the high cost of the villa for just us 2, so we definitely will need to change to an all inclusive resort of some sort so we don't have to worry about meals, etc. What would be an amazing honeymoon resort that's adults only and all-inclusive in the Riviera maya? We were also thinking of traveling to Belize and than flying home from there. Soo many options! I guess the good news is that we still have 11 months ;) Thanks everyone for your input!

                #248 bride81

                bride81
                • Jr. Member
                • 216 posts

                  Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

                  we are booking for 8 nights...then would like to take a mini moon for 4 days.  Belize is definately our best option so far.  If that doesn't work out well, we will fly home and go somewhere else, just us. I like the option of maybe going to a different resort in the area, but I think I would rather change it up all the way.  then, we are thinking about a honeymoon in jan/feb (if tropical) or possibly spring (europe) .  

                  Originally Posted by QuintanaV 

                  Very true. Taking all our wedding stuff would definitely not be fun! We are staying at a villa with our guests and having our wedding at a beach club. After our guests leave, we really didn't want to pay for the high cost of the villa for just us 2, so we definitely will need to change to an all inclusive resort of some sort so we don't have to worry about meals, etc.

                  What would be an amazing honeymoon resort that's adults only and all-inclusive in the Riviera maya? We were also thinking of traveling to Belize and than flying home from there. Soo many options! I guess the good news is that we still have 11 months

                  Thanks everyone for your input!


                  #249 bride81

                  bride81
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 216 posts

                    Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

                    how many people are you inviting to the welcome dinner?  they have a wine cellar, but the max is 35 people.  I think i want to do that the night before the wedding as a rehearsal dinner.  i am not sure if we are gonna do a welcome dinner, instead maybe everyone meets at one of the bars so I am not being charged for food and drink already included in the package.  

                    Originally Posted by texasmandy 

                    Hi!  We are planning a May 18, 2013 at Dreams Tulum.  I see that many people are having welcome receptions/dinners.  How are you doing that at an all-inclusive?  Are you making reservations at one of the restaurants or going through the WC?



                    #250 texasmandy

                    texasmandy
                    • Newbie
                    • 42 posts

                      Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

                      Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

                      Also- just realized, we're date twins!! May 18th is super popular on here, like Choco mentioned

                      Congrats on booking your date!!

                       

                      Thanks for the info on the welcome dinner.  And we ended up changing our date to May 25 - so now I think I'm all alone on that date   But my FI wanted to use the holiday so that travelers could have an extra day with out having to take vacation from work.  I gave in on that one!  But I am very excited!  I feel like I am far behind - we got engaged 3 weeks ago, so I don't have much done.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users