May 2013 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#231 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by allieplask 

seems like a lot of you have sent our STD's already.. we sent out my side of the family and my FI should be going out early next week (his mom passed away at the end of april and we wanted to leave a decent enough amount of time between those thank you cards and our STD's).

anyways, have a lot of your guests started booking yet? i know airfare isn't available until the beginning of july, i just wanted to get an idea of when people will start to book... a lot of our wedding depends on how many people will be coming and idk when i will be able to guage that..

also, when is everyone sending out formal invites or are you not doing formal invites?

I'm working on my formal invites this weekend.  Hope to get them out this week.  We have a group rate that expires in 90 days.  There are bonus' to getting a quote this early.  So, my guests have 90 days to pay a deposit of $300.  The rest is due in November.  Otherwise guests can book at their convenience, but the price is subject to change.

My TA was able to get pricing for the whole package - flight and accomodations!  So you might want to go that route!

#232 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
    • 955 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

My TA was able to get pricing for the whole package - flight and accomodations!  So you might want to go that route!

Just curious as to how you have packaged rates including airfare if rates for airfare aren't even published yet?

#233 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
      • 261 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

Just curious as to how you have packaged rates including airfare if rates for airfare aren't even published yet?

Our airfare has been published, which is what we had been waiting on for quotes. We're flying with Sunwing. 

#234 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
        • 313 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

We are flying with Air Transat.  Their vacation packages are out for May 2013.

#235 QuintanaV

QuintanaV
          • 76 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

I can't wait for airfare to finally be up so everything becomes that much more official! I'm guessing flights from US to Mexico won't go on sale until the end of the month for me...

What is everyone doing? Getting a TA or just everyone booking on their own?

#236 QuintanaV

QuintanaV
            • 76 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Also wondering what everyone was thinking about doing as a honeymoon? We are planning on staying another 5-6 days after our guests leave, but not sure where to stay or go. We want a change of scenery after our guests leave.

#237 texasmandy

texasmandy
              • 42 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

Hi!  We are planning a May 18th wedding at Dreams Tulum.  I see a lot of people are having a welcome dinner/reception.  Any pointers on how to do that at an all inclusive resort?  Do you just make reservations as one of the restaurants, or do you arrange it through the WC?  Thanks!

#238 texasmandy

texasmandy
                • 42 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

Hi!  We are planning a May 18, 2013 at Dreams Tulum.  I see that many people are having welcome receptions/dinners.  How are you doing that at an all-inclusive?  Are you making reservations at one of the restaurants or going through the WC?

#239 texasmandy

texasmandy
                  • 42 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

Oops!  Didn't mean to post the same question twice. 

#240 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
                    • 955 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hi!  We are planning a May 18th wedding at Dreams Tulum.  I see a lot of people are having a welcome dinner/reception.  Any pointers on how to do that at an all inclusive resort?  Do you just make reservations as one of the restaurants, or do you arrange it through the WC?  Thanks!

Welcome to BDW and the May 2013 thread. You will quickly realize that May 18th is a popular wedding date and you're in good company being the 9th May 18th bride on BDW. You also share the date and resort with bride81. Regarding a welcome dinner, I would recommend coordinating this with your WC. Happy planning, and let us know if you have any other questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users