May 2013 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1221 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

I have my survival kit - aloe, Advil, Bianca strips, Chapstick, first aid kits, Kleenex, moist wipes, hand sanitizer, bug repellant wipes, and for the ladies nail polish remover wipes, make up remover wipes and facial cleanser wipes.
    Barefoot jewellery for all the ladies
    A key chain bottle opener
    That's it so far but ill probably still pick up
    Sudoku or crossword books
    Pens
    Playing cards
    I feel the bags are more geared towards the ladies so I want to find something small for the guys but have no idea what!?

Holy Cracker Jacks! I wish I were one of your guests...these bags sound awesome. For the guys you could get shotglasses and mini liq bottles from somewhere in town. Good luck and thanks for the ideas!

#1222 LKocelko

LKocelko
    • 350 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

In case anyone was ordering runners, sashes, covers, etc., the website I ordered from has a 20% off sale right now. Every little bit counts!

www.tableclothsfactory.com

Hopefully someone can take advantage!

#1223 chrystine888

chrystine888
      • 93 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

PHEW!  I just finished my OOT Bags for the guests!  They include:

Ladies: Canvas Beach tote with an iron on "Majestic Elegance, Punta Cana Dominican Republic, May 13, 2013"

Men: Black Nylon Drawstring bag: "P.C., D.R., 5.13.13"

All bags include:

"For Sickness and Health..." Punta Cana Survival Kit:

• Emergen-C
        • Advil
        • Suntan Lotion
        • Chapstick, spf 30
        • Aloe
        • Hand Sanitizer
        • Body Poof

"To Have and To Hold..." your key, money and ID: Coil bracelet with waterproof ID holder

Steel Flip-Flop Bottle opener Magnet, "Punta Cana, 5-13-13"
        22 oz stadium cup with lid and straw, "Majestic Elegance, Punta Cana, D.R., May 13, 2013.

Note Pad with pen, "Matt+Chrystine, TLF"

Bridal Party Ladies:  I made foot jewelry and bought earrings and bracelets.  Thinking about also getting them engraved Picture frames.

Bridal Party Men:  Matt bought all of their Linen suits for them!

I can't believe it's only 4 months away!!!

#1224 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
        • 955 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

Holy Cracker Jacks!

I swear you have some of the funniest sayings I have ever heard. They put a smile on my face every time I read them.

#1225 Maybeachbride

Maybeachbride
          • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

In case anyone was ordering runners, sashes, covers, etc., the website I ordered from has a 20% off sale right now. Every little bit counts!

hey thanks!!!  i have been meaning to order mine soon! 

Thanks!

#1226 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
            • 955 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

Thanks for posting, it reminded me to ask a question that i've need an answer to:

Are satin dinner napkins weird?  I love the look of satin, because I feel that it dresses things up a bit especailly compared with the alternate option of polyester.  But for some reason I can't imagine eating with one (probably because I never have), does material matter here? I've just decided to opt for napkins to infuse a bit more color. Silly question, but any opions would be appreciated.

#1227 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
              • 861 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Quote: Thanks for posting, it reminded me to ask a question that i've need an answer to: Are satin dinner napkins weird?  I love the look of satin, because I feel that it dresses things up a bit especailly compared with the alternate option of polyester.  But for some reason I can't imagine eating with one (probably because I never have), does material matter here? I've just decided to opt for napkins to infuse a bit more color. Silly question, but any opions would be appreciated.

I agree that satin looks nicer however I don't they are very absorbent. I really have no idea though. Lol

#1228 khunt29

khunt29
                • 351 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

Looove the idea of the maracas! I think we'll do this and give each guest one at the dinner table with a little note attached about give it a shake to see the bride and groom kiss.

I won mine on Facebook from Maracas Mexico (formerly Mishka Designs), and I love them, but I only won 20.  It just so happened a friend of ours was travelling to PV and was able to pick them up for us, otherwise the shipping to MR was almost $100!  Not sure what we're going to do with 20 of them, when we have 40 guests, so suggestions are welcome!  I was thinking of just putting a few on each table with the "Shake Me" tags, and anyone could pick them up...?

#1229 Maybeachbride

Maybeachbride
                  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by khunt29 

I won mine on Facebook from Maracas Mexico (formerly Mishka Designs), and I love them, but I only won 20.  It just so happened a friend of ours was travelling to PV and was able to pick them up for us, otherwise the shipping to MR was almost $100!  Not sure what we're going to do with 20 of them, when we have 40 guests, so suggestions are welcome!  I was thinking of just putting a few on each table with the "Shake Me" tags, and anyone could pick them up...?

I think that is a good idea!  I think that some people will think they are really fun and pick them up and others won't really care!  You could also put the in the welcome bags of the people who you think would enjoy them....

#1230 uhura526

uhura526
                    • 330 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

btw, for those looking for plane tix, it looks like they did drop now that the holidays are over at least from NYC they have.  Tix to Grand Cayman dropped back down over $120 less than they were right before x-mas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users