May 2013 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1141 chrystine888

chrystine888
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

If it's anything like JA, I'd suggest you book it now before your outta luck. If your guests book with itravel2000, they have a price guarantee so that if it goes down you're guaranteed to get a reimbursement chq in the mail up to $200. that gives a bit of peace of mind. 

Thanks!!!  I will look into that!!!

#1142 chrystine888

chrystine888
    • 93 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

OOPS, nevermind; itravel2000 appears to be a Canadian company :-(

#1143 trivera5521

trivera5521
      • 470 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Chrystine...let me know if you have any luck. Just hoping they go down after the holidays!

#1144 JA2012

JA2012
        • 334 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Sorry...I didn't realize you're in the states :-(

It also didn't register that your wedding is in Punta Cana. I do always seem to see last min deals to the Dominican, so you may be ok. I don't know why JA is so expensive if you wait til the last minute. You may have luck. Check Expedia and Cheap-o-air. They usually have good deals too. Goodluck!

#1145 chrystine888

chrystine888
          • 93 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

I learned that if you book directly with an airline, most of them have a price drop guarantee.  US Airways is the only one that appears to fly direct from Philly to Punta Cana.  Here is their policy:

Lower fare guarantee

When a new lower fare becomes available after a ticket has been purchased, customers are entitled to a lower fare guarantee refund within the following guidelines. We will deduct a $150 change fee ($250 for international travel) and apply residual funds in the form of a US voucher. Additional rules and restrictions may apply. Call reservations for a lower fare guarantee.

• The lower fare is available for the exact itinerary previously purchased.
            • No portion of the reservation has been flown.
            • Lower fare guarantee refunds are not available for online ticket exchanges. Certain promotional fares may be excluded.

SO, at least we would get a voucher for a future trip if we book now!

#1146 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
            • 340 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Thanks all for your input. From the look of things it's going to be way cheaper to fly my photographer down for a few days then hire an outsider. Then they can capture the entire weekend.

For those of you waiting for airfare I say wait till after the holidays to see if they go down. Also, sign up for the airlines emails, follow them on twitter/facebook. Then you'll be the first to know if they have a sale. Good luck to you all!

#1147 TauruSmith

TauruSmith
              • 198 posts
              • Wedding Date:May 18, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Secured a DJ and my invitations within the past week, which I will post because I am adding to and assembling them myself!

#1148 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
              • 861 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Secured a DJ and my invitations within the past week, which I will post because I am adding to and assembling them myself!

Awesome! What kind of invites did you do! Passport? Boarding pass? Can't wait to see them!

#1149 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
                • 143 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

I attached a picture of the invites I sent out, They were a HIT!!! I highly recommend this seller too on Etsy!

Attached Files

#1150 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
                  • 670 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

[ATTACHMENT=13057]photo.JPG (169k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT] I attached a picture of the invites I sent out, They were a HIT!!! I highly recommend this seller too on Etsy!

Too stinkin cute! I love the old school Mexico card, is that the RSVP? Love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users